INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Toolbar buttons  (Read 645 times)

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
Toolbar buttons
« on: March 15, 2004, 05:34:30 pm »

It would be nice to have toolbar buttons for very common actions such as "fill properties from filename", "fill track number from list order", "quick find image in file/directory", "locate on disk", "send to external app...", "thumbnails list style", etc. etc.

What do you think?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Toolbar buttons
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 08:27:15 pm »

Definately!  One way that I think MC excels (among other things) is in its extremely flexible user interface.  It is possible to tweak and customize nearly every aspect of the display.  Simply because it would fit in so well with the apparent customizable design of MC, I imagine that expanding the toolbar options is something the developers have on a "to do" list in the back of their mind ...

Long term, I would like to see many more options for the toolbars.  However just getting a few of the (IMHO) obvious ones would help immensely in the short term.  
  • Toggle Thumbnail/Details List Styles
  • Send To External (with the ability to choose the program specific to the button)
  • Locate on Disk
It would also be nice to have the ability to have larger/smaller sized icons for the different toolbars (ala Internet Explorer or Firefox).  I also wonder if it might be nice to have the option to add a separate toolbar at the top of MC under the "File" "Edit" standard menu-toolbar (again, ala lots of other programs) ... Anyone else agree?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up