INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to connect my PC & Media Center to my Stereo/ TV?  (Read 1563 times)

Bob & Lynn Orbin

• Change this by choosing profile
How to connect my PC & Media Center to my Stereo/ TV?
« on: March 11, 2004, 07:27:05 pm »

I have the latest version of Media Center and I have two questions.

1.)I have a wireless network in my home and I am looking for a way to connect my entertainment center/stereo and Media Center (MC) to my home stereo/ tv. I keep reading about how MC can connect to my stereo/tv but I cant find anything describing the steps to do it in a wireless format.

2.) Can it be set up so that I can see the same vizualizations that I normally see while using MC on my PC. I download all of the album covers to the music I play and I would love to see the same on my television.

* I have an entertainment center that connects everything (TV, Stereo, DVD, Etc) through my receiver.

PLEASE HELP. Thank you

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:How to connecting my PC & Media Center to my Stereo?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 08:00:14 pm »

There are several devices that can do this.  They are sometimes called Media Receivers.  We currently support Sony's.  Linksys also makes one.  TiVo with Home Media Option is another.

This area is just starting up and will be very thickly populated in another year or so.

RobOK

• long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 08:47:58 pm »

Tivo! Tivo! Tivo! Tivo!

Bob & Lynn Orbin

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 09:07:11 pm »

Thanks for the replies.

I presently have a Linksys router so possibly that is a good option along with Tivo & Sony. Can you tell what the models are from Sony & Linksys.

Also, can you tell me can it be set up so that I can see the same vizualizations that I normally see while using MC on my PC. I download all of the album covers to the music I play and I would love to see the same on my television.

Thanks again

ps. I have been thinking about Tivo, maybe it's time

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 09:30:15 pm »

If you want visualizations, I think the only way to do it is to put a PC next to your TV and stereo. TiVo and the various DMRs currently only allow streaming music or pictures (and not both at the same time).

The DMRs are cool, but haven't got to the visualization phase yet. I haven't played much with their streaming video capabilites either.

j

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
Re:How to connect my PC & Media Center to my Stereo/ TV?
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 05:59:36 am »

Or you could use something like this:
http://www.digisender.net/dv200.htm
It takes audio and SVGA from your PC and sends it wirelessly to a receiver. The receiver then outputs audio and PAL video to your TV/hifi. Depending on where you are in the world, you may have to find an NTSC one, though.

Mysticeti

• World Citizen
  • music, SCUBA, movies, VR, multimedia, PCs
Re:How to connect my PC & Media Center to my Stereo/ TV?
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 10:20:20 pm »

A friend who uses MJ stumbled onto a product from Terk called Leap Frog and he uses that to get his MJ output distributed though his home:

http://www.terk.com/multiroom/product/homenet.html

It's not wireless per say but anywhere you have a phone jack you'll have the option of having MC access.
"And the men who hold high places. Must be the ones who start... to mold a new reality. Closer to the Heart."
Pages: [1]   Go Up