INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch playlist creator?  (Read 2039 times)

benrad

Batch playlist creator?
« on: March 17, 2004, 10:10:26 am »

I'm kind enough to share my entire music collection with my fellow employees at work. I synchronize my directory with the network whenever I add albums, and provide each album with an m3u playlist. I don't use the playlists, obviously, because I use Media Center. I was wondering if there is a batch playlist creator out there somewhere. I have a backlog of about 300 albums to create playlists for and doing it one at a time is, well, slow.

Anyone ever seen something like this?

Thanks.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Re:Batch playlist creator?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 10:30:04 am »

Nila made one (see in the third party plugins forum) where you can select your criteria and have them saved to a central directory. As for playlists for each album in their own directories I have seen a small app for that once, but I can't remember where. Try download.com or doom9.org.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 10:41:31 am »

No...I haven't (not from within MC, anyhow)

Using MC search function & m3u creation while in Media Library is (relatively) fast.

For instance, if I rip Laurie Anderson's "Bright Red" and put the entire album title in the search box, it will find the entries matching the complete string and exclude fragments (ie Red or Bright). I thought it was necessary to create a playlist first...it is not (which eliminates a step). From there, generate your m3u's via MC>File>Export Playlist>(m3u). Is this is how you do it now? How do you handle the file paths if your media is on a local drive (the paths in the m3u would be invalid then to other machines on your LAN)?

10-27

benrad

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 10:55:09 am »

Right now I use a utility called Tag&Rename, which makes playlists pretty fast (Select album folder, ctrl + alt + S), and I create them directly on the network directory so they retain the correct path within the playlist.

The crap I do for these people, and they still complain.

;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up