INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Time last played  (Read 2467 times)

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
Time last played
« on: March 31, 2004, 04:47:30 pm »

Not sure id this is a bug but it's really annoying...

For the last played it waits to go over 100 hours before it goes into days, Shouldn't this go into days after 23:59 hours?

It really looks odd....  

-

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Media Center 10.0.103 beta available
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 04:50:01 pm »

For the last played it waits to go over 100 hours before it goes into days, Shouldn't this go into days after 23:59 hours?
Try suggesting this in a separate thread once we get going on the next version.  I'm not sure it's worth changing...

Omni

Re:Media Center 10.0.103 beta available
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 04:56:47 pm »

Try suggesting this in a separate thread once we get going on the next version.  I'm not sure it's worth changing...

Quick!  Pop Quiz!

It is now Wednesday 04:56:47 p.m.  You just listened to a track 79 hours, 14 minutes, and 16 seconds ago.  What day and time did you last listen to that track?

:P :P
 ;D

LonWar

Re:Time last played
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 05:04:59 pm »

Thanks for relocating this Jim..  ;D

Is there anybody that like to see 54hours 26 min ??

-

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 05:08:42 pm »

I agree that it would make more sense if it changed to days at 24 hours.  It doesn't seem to hard to do, since it can already change to days, just move the conversion to an earlier time.

But of course, i know nothing about it, so don't listen to me.  Also, I don't think it's worth doing before final release, maybe for 10.1 though.
pretend this is something funny

pipsqueak

• "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 05:49:30 pm »

although i CAN convert the numbers in my head im too lazy to do so. if its not much work id say change it

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 06:02:10 pm »

The Time Of One Rotation Of The Earth Is Not 24 Hours

And MC Should Use The Following Method

HOW DO WE OBSERVE EARTH ORIENTATION?
In order to observe Earth orientation, observations must be made from the Earth of objects located in space. Objects that are used include stars, artificial satellites, the Moon, and distant radio sources called quasars. These provide useful reference directions with which to measure the Earth's orientation.
To determine the Earth's orientation very accurate observations of these objects must be made. Stars have been observed photographically for decades to determine the motion of the pole and the rotation of the Earth. Recently, more accurate methods have been devised including the use of lasers and radio telescopes. Laser bursts can be bounced off of artificial satellites or the Moon. This provides information on exactly where the satellite is at a particular time which, in turn, can be used to determine the Earth's orientation in space.

Radio telescopes can also be utilized in a technique called Very Long Baseline Interferometry (VLBI). By having several radio telescopes looking at the same quasar at the same time and recording the information that is seen at each telescope, the Earth's orientation can be determined. USNO operates a VLBI network for this purpose. The recorded information then needs to be processed further before the final results can be determined. The reduction procedure involves the use of a highly specialized computer called a correlator. Currently, there are three such correlators in the United States, one located at USNO, one in Boston (Haystack Observatory), and one located in Socorro, NM. Once the data from a VLBI experiment has been correlated, it can be processed further to produce Earth orientation information.

Astronomical observations are made routinely by a number of observatories located around the world for this purpose. The IERS is the international organization responsible for the coordination of observations of polar motion and nutation as well as astronomical time. The Central Bureau is located at the Paris Observatory. Sub-bureaus devoted to rapid service and predictions and atmospheric angular momentum are located at the U. S. Naval Observatory and Atmospheric and Environmental Research, Inc. respectively. Observations are contributed to the IERS by observatories and laboratories around the world and treated at analysis centers. The IERS Sub-bureau for Rapid Service and Predictions then combines these data into a series of x, y, UT1-UTC, and celestial pole offsets. This information is recomputed twice per week (usually Tuesday and Thursday) and disseminated by e-mail, anonymous ftp and the world wide web.

Here Is More Info:

http://www.physics.uoguelph.ca/summer/scor/articles/scor42.htm
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

pipsqueak

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 06:18:42 pm »

King

It depends...

Solar Day: 1 day is EXACTLY 24 hours. By definition. One hour is the time taken for the sun's shadow to move 1/24 of its way round the earths surface

Sidereal Day:  The sidereal day is 23 h 56 m 4.1 s, slightly shorter than the solar day because the Earth 's orbital motion about the Sun  means the Earth  has to rotate slightly more than one turn with respect to the "fixed" stars in order to reach the same Earth-Sun orientation.

hmmm

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 06:24:56 pm »

pipsqueak

Yep, A Big 10-4 Good Buddy

The Secret Of Time Is Hidden In This Following Song, Eveyone Needs To Play This Song As Soon As You Find It In Your Library.

'Time (Clock Of The Heart)' Charted At 02 In 1983

Listening to: 'Time (Clock Of The Heart)' from 'At Worst. . . The Best Of Boy George Andculture Club' by 'Boy George And Culture Club' on Media Center 10
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

LonWar

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2004, 06:40:25 pm »

Listening to: 'Time Is On My Side' from 'Rolling Stones. . . on Media Center 10
-

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2004, 09:12:03 pm »

Sorry King,

I have the Crash MC, and Shutdown Windows if attempt made to play Culture Club Song option box ticked in MC...
Cheers
Rob

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2004, 09:27:57 pm »

Listening to: 'Time Changes Everything' from 'The Best of (Millenium Collection)' by 'Bob Wills' on Media Center 10

pipsqueak

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2004, 11:06:57 pm »

Listening to: 'A Question Of Time' from 'The Singles 86 > 98 (Disc 1)' by 'Depeche Mode' on Media Center 10

most apt one i can come up with...

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2004, 11:08:04 pm »

This is freaking hilarious ...

Don't forget that time is not absolute.  Each observer has their own measure of time relative to their velocity, as predicted by general relativity, so each person's measure of the "real" time it takes for either a solar or siderial day is relative to their speed.  Also, since general relativity also predicts that time will appear to run slower the closer the observer is to a massive body, the observer's measure of the actual time that the day takes depends on their altitude.  An observer at or near sea level would not have the same measure of time as an observer on a mountaintop (or in a plane).  It would still be 24 hours on each clock (or 23 h 56 m 4.1 s), but the clocks will not have run at the same speed (nor stayed in perfect sync).

Hmmm ... I wonder if anyone out there has a "plane-puter" and uses MC on it ....

Anyhow, I mainly wanted to throw in my general agreement.  I think the hour - day switchover should happen at the 24 hour mark (we can assume that the measure will be done at the computer's velocity and altitude and worry about the user later).   ;D

Oh, almost forgot ... Listening to "Time" by Pink Floyd.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2004, 11:29:51 pm »

Actually, I thought of a better one ...

Watching "A Brief History of Time" written by Stephen Hawking and directed by Errol Morris ... on Media Center 10 of course!

(Or, I would be if I wasn't typing this message ... )
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up