INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art Finder--> I'm Lost  (Read 3162 times)

ewingr

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Cover Art Finder--> I'm Lost
« on: March 21, 2004, 09:51:39 am »

I'm feeling pretty stupid here.  :-[

I installed the plugin, but can't figure out how to use it. I see no help files; find no thread here on explanation, or at the download site.

One thread here talking about it tells about going into teh setup for one configuratino setting. I cannot even find setup for it, configuration, or anything else.

I clicked on batch process, and it found 1 album to find art for.

Can I use this to find cover art for various albums I have alredy ripped? I tought mayby it only worked on an actual CD. So I put one in the drive, but nothing.

Can anyone point me to a starting point?
Thanks
Roger

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Cover Art Finder--> I'm Lost
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 10:12:43 am »

1. what version are you using

2. go to MC and change the cover art folder to a location other than the default, then change it back. this should save the path to the registry since it does not do this unless you force it

3. turn off folder.jpg (unless all albums have there own folder)

4. Put all files in playing now.

5. press batch

Note: Any Thing In The Not Found List It Will Not Try Again, you Can Howerver Clear This List.

it should work.

I just tried it, it worked fine.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

ewingr

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 03:01:43 pm »

I just downloaded it today. So whatever version is on yoru site for downloading is the version...I just looked: 0.0.15.

Ok. I'll give it a try.

What I am reading into your instructions here (I could not find anythign to tell me how it is supposed to work) is:

It will find conver art  for files that do not have it if they are "Playing Now".

I'm not sure what you mean by 'Turn off folder.jpg". That must be something in MC. I'll look around for it.

By the way, I presume this puts cover art in teh MC Data\Cover Art folder, and that if I want to keep cover art with the CD files, I have to do that manually. I've seem some speak of keeping it in their own folder (in fact the thread I saw that was on teh topic of Cover Art Finder...which that thread said to turn on folder.jpg, I think.)

Thanks
Roger

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 03:40:51 pm »

I don't have a help file because most people don't have a problem getting it working. Maybe in the future I will Include One.

It will find conver art  for files that do not have it if they are "Playing Now".

It will not find cover art for any file not in playing now.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'Turn off folder.jpg". That must be something in MC. I'll look around for it.

It is in the plug-in
Fayetteville, NC, USA

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2004, 10:08:23 am »

I don't have a help file because most people don't have a problem getting it working. Maybe in the future I will Include One.

I think the issue is that nowhere in Cover Art Finder does it mention the audio files need to be in "Playing Now".  That's not very intuitive to people who are new to MC so they don't automatically think of that.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 02:34:23 pm »

I think the issue is that nowhere in Cover Art Finder does it mention the audio files need to be in "Playing Now"

Not that i want to debate this, but if you dont have any files in playing now you will get this message.

If List1(0).ListCount = 0 Then
MsgBox ("You Must Put Files In 'Playing Now' For Cover Art Finder To See The Files")
        Exit Sub
End If

So it is in the program.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2004, 12:47:50 pm »

I stand corrected.
Not exactly the most user friendly place for such instruction but I guess it does work.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2004, 01:22:03 pm »

well when and if i go to the next version, i plan to include a small help file that will be html that i can update.

the last few\new plug-ins have a small help file

Fayetteville, NC, USA

ama_mmmc

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2004, 10:12:08 am »

King Sparta,
I just downloaded and used it and I have a couple of questions.  First I wish to tell the other person on this topic that the turning off of folder.jpg is down on the bottom of the second tab.

1.  I found over 200 files my first run through and think this pluggin is fantastik.  I originally had my files in the cover art directory.  I beleive I am going to shut off having MC do it, because your pluggin does such a good job.  That should then allow me to control where the files go because I like having them in the folder with the music.  (Question:  Just you know, because of the previsous rambling)  I tried folder.jpg in the past, but since the instructions were in quotes, I thought it meant the name of the folder and I could not get it to work nor could I get folder.jpg to work.  You pluggin proved me wrong.  Some of my folders have the CA by Album - Artist or something like that, and the ones you found were actually folder.jpg.  So, I am assuming that folder.jpg is acceptable when there is one album per folder, and not when there are more than one album per folder in which case, I would use the Album - Artist method.  Just so you know, I use the directory structure of Artist/Album.  (Question 2).  Some directories end up with multiple files folder.jpg.  One is of better quality.  Do I need to keep them both?

Thansk

Drew

Media Center Registered 9.1.316 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 928 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 23 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: LG       CD-RW CED-8120B    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2004, 10:42:33 am »

I am assuming that folder.jpg is acceptable when there is one album per folder, and not when there are more than one album per folder in which case, I would use the Album - Artist method.

this should answer both.

well what it does is

1. check the album folder
if folder.jpg is not found
2. check mc cover art folder for "Artist - Album"
if not found
3. check 4 sources on the internet for what ever settings you have told it to do.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

ama_mmmc

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2004, 10:49:15 am »

Very good, that makes sense now, but clarification on the multiple folder.jpg files one of a better quality.  I have found folders that contain two folder.jpg files both the same CA, but one is of much better quality.  Can I delete the bad one, or does the better quality one need the worse one?

Thanks for a great pluggin.  Can't wait to try some of the others

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2004, 11:00:33 am »

there can be only one file in a folder with the same name, and there is no way of getting two of them windows will not allow it.

check the file names and paste them to your message.

if your talking about

folder.gif and folder.jpg they do not have the same file name since the extender is not the same.

if cover art finder is putting folder.gif in the folder then it is normaly not as good as the folder.jpg
Fayetteville, NC, USA

ama_mmmc

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2004, 11:12:59 am »

My mistake....it is folder.gif.  Is there a reason to keep the gif or a reason not to?

Thanks

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2004, 11:26:26 am »

My mistake....it is folder.gif.  Is there a reason to keep the gif or a reason not to?

Thanks

no not really, i guess depends on personal taste and if any music is linked to the folder.gif

there could be 1 size of gif and upto 3 sizes of .jpg if one is found the program will always use the larger and discard the smaller.

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up