INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Secure Ripping issue  (Read 1254 times)

EpF

• Citizen of the Universe
Secure Ripping issue
« on: March 31, 2004, 04:18:06 pm »

If MC says it ripped it, you can be sure that it read it correctly.  There isn't _any_ fudge factor.

Jim, what if it's the other way around?  I just ripped 5 albums consecutively using secure mode, and in the report at the end it said that all songs ripped perfectly except the last track on each of the cds, which gave the 'unreliable data after 16 re-reads' error.  I then ripped each of those last tracks with EAC in secure mode and got a faultless rip  ?  What's going on there?  I'd like to trust my ripping to MC, but that's got me worried...

Using MC 10.0.102

Listening to: The Waterboys - 'Be My Enemy', from 'This Is The Sea'

Omni

Re:Secure Ripping issue
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 04:25:02 pm »

Personally, I would trust JohnT's ripping engine over Andre's, but, hey, that's just my opinion.  ;)

(Note to JRiver staff:  If I am misremembering who wrote the engine, forgive me. :))

zevele10

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 03:22:49 pm »

Well , EAC has the same problem with last tracks.

Just can be not with the same cds.

Beside it , since long i stoped to try to understand few things concerning SecureRip.

Since 2 months , i had a cd i was not able to rip.
MC,EAC , RealOne even.
NO WAY.

All my tips did not work.

Yesterday , in a middle of a log rip session , i throught again about this cd.

Resuts:
SecureRip at full speed and no error with MC and EAC.
Listening tracks confirming it.

SO................

EpF

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 10:38:10 pm »

Well , EAC has the same problem with last tracks.

Just can be not with the same cds.

Zevele - I didn't understand what you meant by 'just can be not with the same cds'...  When I used EAC to rip the last tracks that didn't rip with MC, it worked perfectly - I don't know that much about the inner workings of programs, but it seemed like a problem with MC, because the fault was EXACTLY the same with each album; final track on the cd, all other tracks ripped fine (according to the MC report), the report said that after 16 re-reads the rip was unreliable.  

Now, I didn't listen to the ripped files to check if there was any problem because I wasn't interested in taking the chance, especially when EAC then copied the tracks no problem, but my main question was based on JimH's assertion that 'if MC said it copied the track with no errors then you can trust it' (or words to that effect) - I want to know if it is possible that MC would report errors where there are none.  The EAC files sound fine, so I'm assuming that they are; therefore there is either something wrong with the MC ripping process, or it is generating an incorrect report when it actually copies fine, for whatever reason...  

?

Listening to: Brian Eno & David Byrne - 'Very, Very Hungry', from 'My Life in the Bush of Ghosts'

zevele10

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2004, 01:58:17 am »

What i mean is that EAC can have probleme riping the last tracks of some cds.

And that , most of the  time , a last track having problemes with EAC , ripped just fine in MC.

Exactly the opposite of your problem.

I'am now beyond 150 giga of rip since this last months and i saw strange things.
Like the one you got. But with each programe having this probleme and , ALWAYS with different CDS.

CDs having prob with one of the program was fine in the other.

I'am using MC9.1 , so cannot speak about 10 , but i do trust MC securerip a lot.

Just that if prob with one program , i use the second.

I do think that MC and EAC are the 2 best in town concerning securerip.

Again , keep in mind that i speak about MC 9.1
Pages: [1]   Go Up