INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: From Bug Thread - Vis crash more info  (Read 608 times)

jleerigby

From Bug Thread - Vis crash more info
« on: March 24, 2004, 01:49:08 pm »

In the bug thread I reported this problem:

Bug from previous builds:

Following this sequence of events causes full screen view to crash:

Start in standard view with a track playing and toggle round the following commands:

mjextman.exe /MCC 22009,3 to display theatre view
mjextman.exe /MCC 22009,2 to display Full screen
mjextman.exe /MCC 22009,0 to display standard view

This rarely hapens on the first time round but on the second time round the loop MC will not display Full Screen from Theatre View.  All you get are the tool bars at the top or bottom.  You can recover it using the glass skin by selecting Audio in Theatre View to go to the page with a vis in a PIP.  Then you can select Full Screen OK.  

This bug is completely recreatable every time and has been around for quite a few builds now.  

Let me know if you need any more info or if I'm doing something wrong.

As Matt said JRiver couldn't reproduce it I've done extensive testing and eventually narrowed it down.  If I set Vis Studio Options to use DirectX the problem occurs.  Change it to standard and all is well.  To recreate the problem I had to make sure a track is playing and a suitable vis is running - I used Clean N Tidy for the retest just to prove my own vis wasn't the cause.

I checked dxdiag and my dx version is up to date (9.0b).  I also ran the various tests from dxdiag and they all worked fine.

Matt - could you have another go at reproducing with the extra info above?

Oh & BTW I have an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro with latest drivers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up