INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ Not Working? on my R31 with XP Pro  (Read 1298 times)

DanceT

• nothing more to say...
MJ Not Working? on my R31 with XP Pro
« on: November 19, 2002, 04:20:41 pm »

Hello All,

I am trying to run Media Jukebox on an R31 Thinkpad with Windows XP Professional as the operating system. I don't want to use an Administrator account to run the program in case someone else gets access to the Thinkpad when I'm not looking. So, I'm trying to use a Limited user account to actually run Media Jukebox.

The problem is that I keep getting the error message: "Media Jukebox was not installed correctly for the current user. Please re-install Media Jukebox." I've tried the compatibility thing. It's definitely installed into the All Users folder. It's showing up on the start menu but gives the error message. I don't think I can drag it into the Shared Documents folder since it's a program file.

I've checked this website:
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_software/all-in-one/mediajukebox.cfm
and it tells me that Media Jukebox is compatible with Windows XP.

According to:
http://www.musicex.com/software.html
All programs are for 32-bit Windows only (Win  95/98/NT/2000/ME).

I've checked the FAQs and the USer's Guide and I'm not getting any clues.

I've made quite a hash of the ThinkPad trying all sorts of things. I just reloaded the Operating System and will await suggestions before trying anything else.

Thanks!

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: MJ Not Working? on my R31 with XP Pro
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2002, 04:33:34 pm »

I think the only reason MJ needs installed under a Administrative account is for internal ASPI.

First of all, make sure you have Adaptec ASPI v4.72 installed.

Leave your account as administrative and reinstall. Now go into MJ and go to Settings>Options>CD Writer Setting and uncheck the Use Internal ASPI box. Close MJ then restart it. Make sure everything works. Now close MJ and change your user account to Power Users or just User. Reboot. After startup run MJ. Do you still get the errors?

10-27

DanceT

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2002, 09:36:49 am »

I was able to download the file to install Adaptec ASPI v4.72.

When I went in as an administrator to unzip it I got an error message from the WinZip Self-Extractor that says "can't create output file: \adaptec\aspi64.sys"

Hoping for a further suggestion, Thanks!

DanceT

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2002, 10:01:42 am »

Okay, that problem is solved! I had downloaded the Adaptec program onto our internet connected computer and then burned a CD with the program on it to take to the ThinkPad. When I copied the two files to be installed onto the desktop things worked fine.

Now the only question I still have is that none of the other accounts can access MJ just the one that I originally used to install it.

How do the other accounts access it or do I re-install it using each account?

Appreciating help, DanceT

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2002, 10:44:43 am »

Install for each account.

DanceT

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2002, 02:33:25 pm »

Thanks.

Things are looking basically good. I have tried doing a bunch of things to test parts of MJ and most are working fine.

However, when I switch the account back to a Limited Account after setting things up, it's telling me that the CD-WR is not available. I switch the account back to an Administrator account and it sees the Device.

This is with the internal APSI checked or unchecked. When I first tried burning with the internal APSI unchecked it said it couldn't find any APSI stuff and wanted me to install it. I had already installed the Adaptec one using that account.

Do I have to tell it where to find it?

Gratefully, DanceT
Pages: [1]   Go Up