INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2nd writer not detected  (Read 1584 times)

JohnM

• World Citizen
2nd writer not detected
« on: March 27, 2004, 06:19:01 am »

Hi!
I have two writers a Philips CDRW 1610A as the E:-drive and a Lite-on LDW-451S as the F:-drive. The problem is that MC does not detect the 2nd drive correctly. In MC:s CD Writer options I can see 2 drives but MC shows both as Philips ( the one with the "smaller" drive letter) if I change the order (ie change the drive letters in XP:s Drive Management) of the drives then MC reports that I have 2 Lite-ons.  Same problem in ver. 9 and 10. Tried even to play around with the registry by saving the appropriate keys and merging them back with the correct properties but MC overwrites the values when startded.

Any ideas how to get MC to detect the drives properly. ?

BR John (from Finland)

JohnM

• World Citizen
Re:2nd writer not detected
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 11:42:17 am »

Some clarification (data) from my system with MC:s system info tool (Note that in the Burning category the Drive F: is not a Philips its a Lite-on LDW-451S. The Philips is a slave on ide1 and lite-on a slave on ide0)

BR JohnM

Media Center 10.0.100 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1798 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 293 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  CDRW1610A          Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive F: PHILIPS  CDRW1610A          Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 07:48:25 am »

It looks like MC is seeing both writers at the same system address "0:1:0". Check your cabling. Are both writers on the same cable? If so, verify that one is jumpered for master and one is jumpered for slave operation. If they are on their own cables, verify that they are both set to master.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JohnM

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 04:11:37 am »

Hi!

Yes I noticed the same issue with the address. Both writers are slaves on different ide channels (There are harddisks as masters). XP, Nero etc. finds them properly though. IŽll check this later when I'll get home but should they both really be masters?
BR JohnM

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 08:08:17 am »

No, they shouldn't be masters if they're sharing the channel with hard drives. Try clicking the "Detect" button on the CD Writer options page. If that doesn't fix it, please follow these directions for creating a diagnostic log file and send it to me:

Turn on MC's logging for CD burning by changing the value of this registry key from zero (0) to one (1):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Jukebox\CD Writer\Logger

Then just start up Media Center and try to burn a CD (you can leave test mode checked to avoid creating a coaster). Then exit MC and find a file in the MC program directory called "cdwriter.log" and email that to me. Remember that the log file is overwritten each time you start up MC, so you must send the file before restarting MC. It's quite large so you may want to zip it before sending.

Thanks!
John T.
JRiver, Inc.
johnt @ jriver.com

John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up