INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can MJ make tacos.......  (Read 2018 times)

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Can MJ make tacos.......
« on: November 20, 2002, 04:24:36 pm »

......better than I can? I think not! Check it out! :)

Note: I shouldn't publish this on the web (old family recipe dating back to 1700's)...but for the benefit of all mankind here it is....

I use...
Ground turkey (no seasoning) or fried zucchini instead of ground beef
Fresh spinach instead of lettuce
Everything else is the same (onion, lettuce, tomatoes, mild colby, ultra hot salsa, flour tortillas)

From here on out it's a matter of technique...
Get the oil xtra hot (keeps the shells from soaking up too much oil) and throw them in. Take out when they're just short of crispy (they'll harden). Lay the spinach down in the shell first, then the onions. Next step is very important...lay down a good swath of salsa, then the turkey, cheese, and the tomatoes. It's easy to get the order wrong, but in time it will become automatic. Important thing to remember is that the salsa acts like glue, helps keep catastrophic shifting of the ingredients from occuring. That's it...now eat 'em.

Anybody have any alternatives to this? I'm open to new ideas (within reason, of course).

10-27

PS: Scronch - had a Anchor Porter...**ing great beer!

Scronch

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Can MJ make tacos.......
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2002, 06:36:59 pm »

dammit, xen, you're making me hungry--AND thirsty!

zevele10

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2002, 11:25:41 am »

Xen
Welcome to the ' mongrel club'.
The more we are, the more wasp will not run the world .

Yes ,Scronch can be a wasp , but first of all HE IS SCRONCH...SO.....

Instead to tell me that mongrel IS NOT a nice word - i know it - tell me more about the home made salsa-
What do you think about some Corrona beers with the first tacos and ,much later some Mescal -NOT Tequila- with tacos when you feel you want\need it?
In this case ,do you have any tip about what to drink at around 7-8 o'clock in the morning?

For the ones 'outside'
Tequilla gives you trills on the spot
Mescal gives you  trill for hours in a quiet way

Like sex with popers [?] versus pot

Now ,if you do not know about sex ,salsa,trills and trill,pot and others ...just rip to MP3PRO......

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2002, 11:56:44 am »

Z,

I appreciate your interest in the most tasty of subjects.

Salsa's not homemade...but is the La Victoria (brand) Xtra Hot green salsa. Last year I picked up some Habinero peppers. Barely made it through cutting them up...everything on me burned...eyes, nose, lips...but the worst area?...my johnson (I SWEAR I didn't touch it!). Habinero's are to jalepeno peppers to what jalepeno's are to sweet pickles. Added the hab slicings to the already hot salsa. Wow!! It was **ing great!

Don't care for Corona (consider it sort of a mexican Budweiser)....not really an import to me.

Mezcal sounds good...but only after you've eaten 2 or 3 tac's. Save the worm for the 5th taco and lay it right on top.

7-8 O'clock in the morning? Got to go with 2% (milk - got some?)

10-27

PS: Speaking of Mexican beers...an extremely good one is Negro Modelo.

zevele10

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2002, 01:14:36 pm »

Xen

Some funny  things
I assume that you know i am a f=-09g jew
My very roots are from spain ,well 500 hundred years + some more  from today
The only argument i had with my mother was to learn spanish as a second language. This was the only problem concerning my mother, but a VERY BIG one
In case who wonder ,english was the first foreing language. And ,i say ,you may wonder.....

I am born in France ,VERY pround of the culture i got there . French is my culture.
Living now in Israel and finding my place.
But the only place i feel home bis Spain.
Even if i just understand 50 % and cannot speak-yes because of my mother-
you may say that jew-Spian -tacos are kind of shotcuts.
You may be right.
If i want to cry ,i would tell you that to have only shortcuts is drama .
but in my old hippy /dope/freak-out and -of cause -f'''g j''w life ,it is a blessing.
A long way to a shortcut telling you that anything having to do with spanish heritage gives me trills.
In Corona i like the bottle and the annucement about pregnant women.
I like the taste as well ,but can do  without it.
Concerning Mescal .
I used to spend nights with friends  having they own botltle . So i  NEVER had to eat  the  worn after 5  glasses - or we do not speak about the same size  glasses.
Unlike Tequilla ,Mescal drivesyou until the first light of the day .
You do not need to sleep ,just to have a shower and you start your day

Scronch

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2002, 02:09:40 pm »

Negra Modelo is the ONLY good Mexican beer, IMHO.

But, it is not a Mexican beer.  It is simply brewed in Mexico.  It is actually a German Marzen, a lager similar to a good Oktoberfest, but smoother, with higher alcohol and typically a darker copper color.  It is traditionally brewed in March.

For along time, this was the only Marzen brewed commercially in quantity.  But some others are starting now.

The original brewers of Negra Modelo fled Germany, in WWII, I believe.  They settled in Mexico to continue brewing their fine beer.

Similarly, Miller ("swiller") is not an African beer, regardless of their new ownership, and is not a British beer, regardless of the headquarter location of their new ownership.  What is this world coming to?

Scronch

zevele10

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2002, 02:14:52 pm »

look like a kind of  one  adolf   uber ales beer

Scronch

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2002, 09:19:42 am »

One of the favorites we have on tap now is Diebels Altbier, from the lower Rhine valley in Germany.  If you are ever thirsty, and want to drive yourself crazy, check out what we currently have on tap at http://scbco.com/pub/ontap.html.  We update it once a week.  The beers change often.

I'm getting thirsty again.

Scronch
Pages: [1]   Go Up