INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any way to change "Web Media" default page?  (Read 643 times)

Magicland

• World Citizen
  • Gabba Gabba Hey!
Any way to change "Web Media" default page?
« on: March 30, 2004, 04:52:42 pm »

Let's face it, the "Web Media" interface is one of the weakest parts of MC10. Half the page is taken up by "featured stations" that I neither want to listen to OR want to see, and there's no way to remove them. Adding ANY stations is like pulling teeth, you've got to search the genre you want, select one (and only one) station, add it, rinse, repeat. Then, of course, it turns out that most of the stations don't work (I can't get ANY of the Virgin stations to play), so after painfully adding them, you need to remove them (also one at a time, but a bit easier as you don't have to search to find them. The stations you're left with are scrolling off the page, because the "featured stations" that you don't want force the stations you DO want to show up way down at the bottom. How about some way to replace the default page with a nice HTML, DHTML, XTML or some other user editable format page? Once I've got a list of stations I'd like to hear, I really don't need to search for more.

After a bit of further digging, it appears that the current page is http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/stations/stations.pl

It'd be nice to allow users to replace this with a different web page (local HTML file, etc.) of their choice, and should be easy to implement
Pages: [1]   Go Up