INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Enhancement requests moved from build 103 thread  (Read 1374 times)

TarbhUisge

• Recent member
  • Hunting Druids; for their shoes...
Enhancement requests moved from build 103 thread
« on: April 01, 2004, 10:19:55 am »

Cosmetic Enhancement Request:

Would it be possible to scroll the the player "display" (song title, whatever) on the taskbar button.  This would be quite useful when one wants to know information about what is currently playing without having to switch to the app...just a thought.

TarbhUisge

• Recent member
Re:Media Center 10.0.103 beta available
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 10:47:16 am »

Usage Enhancement Request:

I use MC with basically two different libraries.  One is a 'main' libray (we'll call it MAIN_LIB...) that contains the full repository on my home file server.  The other is a library that I use when listening to my IPOD (we'll call it IPOD_LIB...).  It would be great to have the facility to create/manage playlists (normal and smart) on one library but be able to port those to the other library in a very easy fashion.

Right now, if I'm at work and I create a playlist on IPOD_LIB and I would like that playlist to become part of my MAIN_LIB, I have to select the songs on the playlist and I paste that into my text editor were I parse the song list into a smart playlist.  Example (realize any word-wrap):

I copy the list which looks like:

Artist   Album   Track #   Name   Rating   Genre   Duration   Bitrate   File Type   Date (year)   File Size   Replay Gain   Intensity   BPM   Filename
Godspeed You Black Emperor!   Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada [EP]   1   Moya   ?   Ambient Alternative   10:51   192   mp3   1999   14.9 MB   -13.21 dB   2   108   E:\iPod_Control\Music\F07\4471.mp3
Godspeed You Black Emperor!   Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada [EP]   2   Blaise Bailey Finnegan III   ?   Ambient Alternative   4:42   96   mp3   1999   3.2 MB   -7.09 dB   1   96   E:\iPod_Control\Music\F07\5193.mp3

I then run a macro I wrote in my test editor to turn this into:

~nodup==[artist],[name]  ~sort=[Artist],[Album],[Track #],[Name]  [Artist]="Godspeed You Black Emperor!" [Name]="Moya" OR [Artist]="Godspeed You Black Emperor!" [Name]="Blaise Bailey Finnegan III"

Which I can then past into a new smart playlist in MAIN_LIB and voila! I now can maintain playlists across libraries.  However, my concerns are:

- Are there limitations to the number/size of items that can be placed into a smart playlist 'search'?

- The 'lenght' could be made more simple by rolling up like items.  By grouping Artists and having a sub-group for the songs would shorten the list text.

I thought about writting something that would use a database to do this job but it would be nice if MC did this (better tool for the job).  MC is a sensational application but if there is one area that is not functionally exhausted is playlists.  The current capability is far and above all others but the ability to 'smartly' import playlists, move them from library to library, retain any created on a handheld (i.e. reverse synch playlists created on an IPOD), etc...

Thanks - Tim

TarbhUisge

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 10:47:36 am »

Usage Enhancement Request:

If I remove the currently playing song from the 'Playing Now' playlist MC jumps to the top of the list.  It would be nice if MC just started playing the next song...

Thanks - Tim

pipsqueak

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 11:34:47 am »

TarbUisage

some good suggestions, but this thread is really for obvious bugs. for anything else its best to start a new thread...J River will probably move this.

however, heres a couple of answers:

player "display" (song title, whatever) on the taskbar button - there are 2 plugins that do the job:
1) Writeplaying (does exactly what you want)
2) Playing now (very close, and very cool mini screen with info display)
go to the downloads section > interface plugins

Pages: [1]   Go Up