INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.104 beta available  (Read 3892 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.104 beta available
« on: April 01, 2004, 12:20:06 pm »

MC 10.0 is in late beta.  It may still have minor problems.

Please reserve this thread for bugs.

If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.[/b]

The latest beta of 10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter100104.exe

10.0.104 (4/1/04)

1. Fixed: Some javascript hyperlinks would not work in web page views.
2. Changed: Tweaked ThunderStorm checkboxes, radios, and comboboxes.
3. Fixed: During DirectX video / ASX playback, the status could stick as "Buffering...".
4. Changed: Checking for file existence happens on a delay, so scrolling through large lists can be faster on some machines.
5. Fixed: Keyboard accelerators wouldn't be translated in the search box.
6. Fixed: Using send-to menu item for sending to devices didn't work more than once.
7. Fixed: Media Scheduler was failing to launch MC.
8. Fixed: Portable synching with modified previously unrated files was broken for iPod.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re:Media Center 10.0.104 beta available
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 12:43:30 pm »

...continues from 10.0.103 thread. I was just about to post this when it closed.

The first page printed 62 mp3's titles (Name - Arties) but every proceeding page printed one less line.....until page 62 which had one line of info. Continuing with page 63 there were only 'headers' printed and no mp3 information. I stop the printing manually after 75 pages were printed.

Same here. I printed a test to Acrobat Distiller printer using "Print File List" command. In the resulting printout (pdf file) there is one less line on each new page.

The following procedure may help until MC is fixed:

Make a playlist of your files. Export that playlist to ASCII delimited format. Then open that .txt file with Excel using | character as a column separator. After that all data is in an ordinary Excel table. With Excel it is easy to organize and sort that data and you can make all kinds of printouts.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

ZRocker

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 03:44:38 pm »

Bug:
1. MC gets confused when using multiple zones with audio playing in one zone and TV playing in another zone.  I started TV playback in one zone and put the video in windowed-mode.  Switched back to my audio zone...mp3s are playing.  Things are fine, but the windowed-mode TV view has problems with: 1) double-clicking for full screen mode doesn't work (nothing happens) and 2) clicking on the full-screen button on the windowed-mode's toolbar switches to full-screen with no video (presume it's the audio zone's video as no visualization are enabled there).  Now, the windowed-mode right-click menu does work (for the TV zone video as it should).

cryst

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 03:47:00 pm »

Columns still don't size correctly; whether by way of the "auto size" setting, or manually double clicking between column headers.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 06:35:52 pm »

If you've posted here but don't find it now, please look for a separate thread.

I'm deleting anything that isn't a bug.  Questions, comments, etc. may be deleted.

Why?  Because we're trying to release and we need to look for serious bugs only now.  Any minor things can be fixed in a maintenance release.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 06:59:09 pm »

Listening to mp3s, watching a slideshow of jpgs, decided to switch visualizations, scrolled to 3D visualizations and it tells me "error starting 3D visualizations (error creating Direct3D device)"

seems like a bug.
pretend this is something funny

shortie

• Junior Woodchuck
  • reachin' up to touch bottom
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2004, 09:42:51 pm »

BUG: Can't get to context menus via Shift-F10.  Been this way since the first V10 build.
--
Shortie
Shortie

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Small Detail
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2004, 11:01:31 pm »

Go to Options

Select Startup
Choose Mode- Standard View
Choose Location- Playlists
Choose Start playing current playlist

Close and reopen MC
The current playlist will start playing. You will not go to the Playlists tree though. You will be taken to Now Playing.

I'd think since I asked to start in playlists, I should be taken there not to Now Playing.

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2004, 04:38:55 am »

żBug?

I exported my library, and I am not able to import it into Excel or Access.

Access says: "Microsoft Access has encontered an error processing the XML schema in the file 'MC Library.xml'. Illegal xml character".

Excel just says: "XML Parse error"

I use Office 2003 (English version)

Media Center 10.0.103 -- C:\Archivos de programa\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 996 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 522 MB, Free - 198 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

pank2002

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2004, 07:10:24 am »

This bug have been for some builds now:
When I use the mjextman.exe /Power it will close the MC window. When I go to the currently running jobs (ctrl+alt+del) it's till running as a process, and is using upto 98% of my CPU. You can't use mjextman.exe to start up MC again afterward. I would be very nice if you fixed it, cause I use the /Power command as my MC shourcut.
  Thanks in advance

sysinfo:

Media Center Registered 10.0.103 -- C:\Programmer\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 1101 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 156 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive G: LITE-ON LTR-48125W        Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G: LITE-ON  LTR-48125W         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2004, 10:59:44 am »

I exported my library, and I am not able to import it into Excel or Access.

Access says: "Microsoft Access has encontered an error processing the XML schema in the file 'MC Library.xml'. Illegal xml character".

I just tried this for the first time and got similar errors.

It turns out that if you have control characters (0-31, possibly others) in any fields, then these are sent straight through to the XML file without any kind of escaping or filtering.  I had some Ctrl-R's and Ctrl-B's in some lyrics, for example.

You can open the file in Mozilla to get a better idea of where the XML errors are.  Once I did that, and removed the errors, and truncated the file to a reasonable size, I finally managed to get Access to import a table full of complete nonsense.  (Seems it thinks there is only one field, "field", which is of numeric type, so most of the data in "field" won't fit and the rest makes no sense.  I'm probably doing something wrong but I have no need for XML export right now so I don't really care.)

pipsqueak

• "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2004, 11:28:21 am »

Bugs? minor ones at best...

1) in view window there is a scroll bar along the bottom of the screen for when text runs off end but as soon as i move my mouse to it the pop up control bar gets in its way. fairly pointless really, so im now reduced to clicking the test and scrolling right with my mouse. I have auto-hide bars set up. This doesnt occur with always show bars, but then again i dont want that setting!

2) unable to copy tags with character returns into other tags as they wont accept the character returns (eg. from bios to review)

3) long text in dreamstate, notes tab just rolls off right of screen - am i supposed to add returns in manually, wouldnt it be better for the program to do it for me?

Pages: [1]   Go Up