INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: POST IPOD SUPPORT QUESTIONS HERE  (Read 22131 times)

gfabi

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re:POST IPOD SUPPORT QUESTIONS HERE
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2004, 06:26:05 pm »

Hi,

Just for the protocol. I do have the same problem of lost track on the ipod.

I'm using an 20GB Ipod of the 2nd generation and had no problems with the MC Version 9. It started after updating to MC 10.
My Software Version on the Ipod is 1.3

I tried everything... really everything without success.
So let's wait for the next builts.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2004, 11:08:58 am »

Everyone,

For anyone having problems with track deletion from iPod when it is not expected, please inform me if you see the message about duplicates being found and also please try tonight's MC build.

If you have multiple files in MC that have the same Name, Artist, Album, Genre, and Track Number and you are experiencing files being resent when they should not, please resolve the duplication issue and your problem should go away.

Steve

rhaehnel

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2004, 01:40:42 pm »

Is anyone having problems w/ 'Last Played' being a negative number?  I've made sure that my ipod and MC are on the same time, but just about every time I sync I end up w/ many files that have a 'Last Played' w/ a negative value.

Anyone else seeing this?

rhaehnel

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2004, 02:33:14 pm »

as a follow up:

It appears to be iTunes that is screwing w/ the dates and play counts.  Both were fine  until I launched itunes to set the 'Volume Adjustment', thats when I went back into MC and noticed the play counts and Last played were all screwed up.  Going back into iTunes I noticed that iTunes still correctly reports both LP and PC

TimB

« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2004, 06:02:03 pm »

Is anyone having problems w/ 'Last Played' being a negative number?  I've made sure that my ipod and MC are on the same time, but just about every time I sync I end up w/ many files that have a 'Last Played' w/ a negative value.

Anyone else seeing this?

Steve a few months ago you'd mentioned possibly doing something with checking the iPod time vs MC and either synching the iPod or warning the user.  Any chance of that in the post 10.0 world?

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

Rien van Ham

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2004, 12:03:14 pm »

Hello,

The latest build of MC (112) crashes when MC is started with my iPod docked. It also crashes when started without iPod docked; then dock my iPod and try to open the artists-tree.

Regards,

Rien

SteveG

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2004, 12:09:06 pm »

rhaehnel,

I found a bug with reporting Daylight Savings Time, which may have caused some incorrect negative values. It is fixed in tonight's build.

TimB,

iPod does not provide a way to find the internal time it is using to write to the database as the last played time. I could possibly get this information by sending a file, modifying it and then compare the modification time with real time and possibly fix it that way. I do not know if it will work and I can play with it when I have some time.

Steve

SteveG

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2004, 01:01:26 pm »

Rien,

Nothing has changed in this area recently. Can you access your iPod through Explorer? If you start MC multiple times it does not crash and if iPod is plugged in and you start MC, it crashes multiple times?

Steve

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2004, 01:25:51 pm »

In the news:

"Apple Computer Inc. is investigating complaints that its popular iPod mini is prone to static and other sound distortions when playing back music. "

Full article:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=562&ncid=738&e=2&u=/ap/20040413/ap_on_hi_te/ipod_mini_static

Rien van Ham

• Recent member
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2004, 01:36:15 pm »

Steve,

I can access my iPod via Explorer and iTunes. I can launch MC without my iPod docked and after docking my iPod I get all (>10000) songs in MC. But, when trying to open the artists-tree, MC crashes. Rebuilding the database doesn't help.
When my iPod is docked, MC keeps crashing at every launch.

Kind regards,

Rien

SteveG

« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2004, 01:58:24 pm »

Rien,

Can you email me your iTunesDB from your iPod_Control\iTunes folder on your iPod?

steve @ jriver.com

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
iPod has lost its magic - not recognized
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2004, 04:45:00 pm »

My iPod is no longer recognized as an iPod. It appears in Drives & Devices as IPOD (I:). Right-click shows only the option to "Show queued files only". Doesn't show the playlist/artist/album etc. folders as before.

Media Center Registered 10.0.112 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2572 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 795 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-708A     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:9  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

SteveG

« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2004, 05:01:11 pm »

gpvillamil,

Make sure you do not have 'Enable WMDM devices' checked under Tools->Options->Devices. If you do not, check that you have a file called "iPod_control"  on your iPod. If not, what recently happened to your iPod? You may need to reformat the player.

Steve

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2004, 05:11:12 pm »

gpvillamil,

Make sure you do not have 'Enable WMDM devices' checked under Tools->Options->Devices. If you do not, check that you have a file called "iPod_control"  on your iPod. If not, what recently happened to your iPod? You may need to reformat the player.

Steve
That did the trick, thanks! Maybe there needs to be a note next to that option explaining that you should switch OFF for iPod.

I notice that the iPod info is now transferred to MC before the synch dialog comes up?

ipodman

• Recent member
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2004, 09:09:28 pm »

Are people finding MC reliable for Ipod syncing.  I gave up 30  builds ago after rebooting daily for 2 weeks.  When I read  this forum, I am still hesitatnt to go back to MC (Ive been using itunes).  But clearly, this is the support forum so people post their problems here and not success stories

Are Ipod/MC problems the norm or a small subgroup of users?

thanks

pank2002

« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2004, 07:49:42 am »

Steve,
 Is it possible to sync to iPod via mjextman ? I remeber Kurt once hat it in his profile, but I don't remeber if it ever got worked out. It would be great to have a desktop sync shortcut.
  Thanks,
     -Rasmus
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

bvm

• World Citizen
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2004, 03:38:06 pm »

Are people finding MC reliable for Ipod syncing.  I gave up 30  builds ago after rebooting daily for 2 weeks.

Sadly, no.  It was pretty reliable for me up to build 10.0.38, but I haven't had much luck with more recent builds, which have a completely different synch strategy.  No daily rebooting for me, just MC being unable to see what it synched the last time (no files are visible at the iPod root in the MC tree, and sync just resends every track, which takes forever and fails to import the ratings/play info from the iPod).  Steve's been trying to track it down with me, but so far without success.

On the other hand, lots of other iPod users are apparently doing fine...

SteveG

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2004, 09:36:24 am »

bvm,

What firmware do you have?

Steve

SteveG

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2004, 03:45:12 pm »

Everyone,

In the last two days I have found and fixed two pretty strange bugs that may have affected some of you (namely Seviien, BVM and Alfie). The short of it is, if you had firmware 1.3 and were having problems, get tonight's build and all should be better. Also if you were having weird problems not seeing your files, again, tonight's build should resolve this.

Thanks.

I am going to close this thread and start a clean one.

Steve
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up