INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD Error  (Read 645 times)

LTE

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
DVD Error
« on: April 03, 2004, 08:43:04 am »

I am new to Media Center and recently purchased beta version 10.  When I try to play a DVD, I get an error message that says, effectively, that either my system is missing appropriate components to play the DVD or another program is using them.  

I know the latter is not a problem, because I was not running any other software.  I was wondering what I might be missing that I need to download to get this working.

Before I installed MC, I removed the WINDVD program that came installed on my computer, and I wonder if something that shouldn't have been deleted went with it.

Thanks.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
Re:DVD Error
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 09:57:04 am »

Yeah, MC does NOT provide their own DVD codec, so you need to reinstall WinDVD, then MC should find that codec and playback your DVDs fine.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember the name of the file that is the codec.  IF I sould, you could copy it someplace safe, uninstall again, and put the codec back, but, I don't remember, maybe someone else here can.  Otherwise you will just need to keep WinDVD installed.
pretend this is something funny

LTE

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re:DVD Error
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2004, 10:04:44 am »

Thanks.  I just found the section in the Help file that talks about that.  I just figured the codec would be in the program and cleared out WinDVD with a bunch of other programs that MC can now replace. I guess I was a little too eager. ;D  
Pages: [1]   Go Up