INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Prepend numbers to filenames when burning playlists  (Read 824 times)

twriter

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...

There's a feauture I'd love to see in the CD writing options: the option to prepend numbers to the filenames when buring mp3 (or other format) music files. The reason: Many CD/mp3 players don't recognize playlists, so they play files by default in alpha-numeric order. That's fine if you have a single album and had the track number added to the start of the filename--but then what's the point of a single album of mp2 files?

Ideally, this feature would be smart enough to prepend only the number of digits needed to number all the files. For example, if fewer than 10 files were being burned, the prepended numbers would contain only one digit, of 10-99 files were being burned, a 2-digit number would be prepended, etc.

This option should also provide the option to use the same separator as the filename uses when it was originally ripped, or user specified.

Another option might be to add smarts to first strip away track numbers. But then, this feature would also have to be "smart" enough to strip away only track number and not digits that might be the first part of the actual song title.

I've actually (barely started) work on a Visual Basic utility program that would perform just these functions, but I have no time to really deisgn and devlop it, plus it's been tough when I do work on it to dredge up my old code knowledge. having this a part of MC, a far better product in many ways that MM, would be great. Any chance a feature such as this could get on the feture list for v. 11?

Chuck

fex

Re:Feature Request: Prepend numbers to filenames when burning playlists
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 01:54:05 am »

It's there and works fine with my car player.

If you have 'Burn CD...' in action window:
- click on 'Options' --> 'CD/DVD File Naming' --> 'Custom'
- define the file naming and
- check 'Prefix the list order to the CD filename'.

The checkbox does it.

twriter

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Feature Request: Prepend numbers to filenames when burning playlists
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 12:18:06 pm »

Well, spank me with a wet monkey. That's exactly where I found it.

Thing is--and this is definitely on the order of a feature request--tht's not where I looked. Where I looked was the CD Wtriter page of the options dialog box. Seems to me that's a supremely obvious place to put such a feature (and similar ones), rather than waiting until you're ready to actually burn a disc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up