INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ati's Remote Wonder  (Read 3263 times)

The Illest Villain

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Ati's Remote Wonder
« on: November 17, 2004, 08:59:51 am »

I'd like to know if it possible to use Ati's Remote Wonder in MC11. I did a search in the forums but could not find anything. Is there a plug-in?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Ati's Remote Wonder
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 11:11:23 am »

It works as is (you don't need a plugin really), but it works best if you use the KeyFactory plugin so that you can define your own actions for a bunch of the buttons.

I've been seriously considering writing my own plugin for the RW2, simply so that I could define different commands for those buttons depending on which application is active.  Of course, that would take some time (of which I have extremely limited supplies).

Either way, it should work just fine out of the box.  To make it better, use the KeyFactory plugin and define your own actions for the buttons using MC's keypresses.  I also map functions to the "colored" buttons (on the RW2) that correspond to MC's forward, back, F11 (which cycles full-screen, standard, and theater views), and a special script that takes you right to "Now Playing" (which isn't that hard to set up).

Works splendidly!  I just wish I could re-use those buttons for other functions when say, FireFox is the active App.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

The Illest Villain

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 11:29:52 am »

Thanks!

I noticed i could do basic things with the remote. Where's that plugin KeyFactory you were talking about?

-The Illest Villain

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 12:53:07 pm »

http://remotew.free.fr/plugins.htm

The other option for full control of the remote is of course to use Girder.  I haven't tried this (I never cared enough to figure all that stuff out ... maybe if my PC was closer to my Home Theater setup and I had an IRMan).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 01:08:27 pm »

MC supports Girder plug-ins without installing Girder.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 01:39:40 pm »

Jim-

I had read this before, but wasn't sure what benefit this would serve ...

Since MC works fine through the RW without an ATI Plugin (or a MC plugin for that matter) by simply assigning MC's keypresses and automation commands to buttons through the ATI remote interface, what added functionality would this provide?  Or is this functionality mostly useful for remotes that aren't as configurable as the ATI RW (eg. ones that can't work at all without a MC plugin)?

CAT

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2004, 11:05:25 pm »

Basic things?  Not here.  I can not play, stop, forward, reverse or pause with my RW II.  Using latest 2.5 driver.
Why is that?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2004, 09:51:39 pm »

I'm not sure.  It works for me just fine.  I have found the ATI RW Software to be kinda flaky though.  I would probably try uninstalling it and reinstalling it (or maybe it's MC's fault who knows) ...

If it still doesn't work, just download the Remote Wonder Key Factory plugin I mentioned above and re-assign the buttons to match the "hotkey" keypresses in MC.  That's what I've done because the FF and RW buttons don't work right by default (they try to actually FF / RW rather than track-forward / track-back and it crashes MC sometimes for me).  Speaking of which ... this is kinda irritating.  Anyone know of a way to fix this?

Doc_Holiday

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2004, 02:17:47 pm »

I for the life of me can't get MC to work with the Girder plug-in for the remote wonder.  What am I doing wrong?

Using MC 11.0.148

modelmaker

Re: Ati's Remote Wonder
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2004, 03:23:36 pm »

Cat:  Basic things?  Not here.  I can not play, stop, forward, reverse or pause with my RW II.  Using latest 2.5 driver.
Why is that?

Make sure the remote is active (ATI menu: ATI Programs/Options: check the box: "Load On Startup".
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up