INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Q about Viz Studio & tag fields  (Read 1245 times)

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
Q about Viz Studio & tag fields
« on: April 06, 2004, 09:38:13 pm »

I haven't gotten a response to this question in the main MC board, perhaps it's more suitable here.  

I'm trying to edit a visualization using Visualization Studio.  I'm trying to replace the display of the ALBUM field with the contents of a custom tag field I've created in MC 10 (ALBUMS).  But VS doesn't seem to recognize ALBUMS as a variable, and just tags a capital S onto the end of the the contents of the ALBUM variable at the time (for example, Abbey RoadS when ALBUMS contains Abbey Road).  

If I go into the .mjv file of the visualization that's the one I'm trying to modify, I see where the text section begins and the script calls the string variables (at least that's how I think of them) ALBUM ARTIST NAME YEAR but I don't see those variables defined anywhere.  I'm guessing they must be defined somewhere, but where?  And how can I add my custom fields to the definition?

If I put CUSTOM_1 as a text variable, that text doesn't show on the screen, so VS is recognizing it as a variable, but how do I point the variable to the field whose data it's supposed to contain?

Any help would be appreciated...its been quite a while since I did any real programming and I just don't want to learn whatever the visualization plugins are written in, I just want to tweak them a little.

Thanks

kaiynne

• World Citizen
  • I Changed this by choosing profile
Re:Q about Viz Studio & tag fields
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 01:46:45 am »

I would also love to be able to define custom variables, i know that it is somwhere in one of the sdks but i don't know which one or how to go about editing the info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up