INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video playback / Theater View  (Read 1228 times)

Platu

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
Video playback / Theater View
« on: April 06, 2004, 05:51:16 pm »

When playing a video from Standard View, MC is setup to automatically view them Full Screen. When the video finishes or you click stop, MC jumps to Theatre View. This occurs if in "Configure Theatre View" you have the option checked "Show when playback stops".  I need to have this option checked for use in Theatre View, but this option should not affect the use of Standard view to view my videos full screen.

Platu

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Video playback / Theater View
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 06:14:35 pm »

That should have been fixed in 108.  I get the behavior you expect (no Theater View).  It reverts to Standard View.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 06:22:34 pm »

The option to show Theater View on stop works independent of where playback is started from.

If it is enabled, and you're in fullscreen, it'll kick in on stop.

The only exception being if MC is automatically returning to standard view.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Platu

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 08:37:18 pm »

When I'm in Theatre View, I'd like to stay in Theatre View, so the option works great for that. But when I'm working in standard view, I'd like to stay in Standard view. Now that you've clarified how the logic works (...being independent of starting point), it seems that I'm forced to make a choice between selecting the option for Theatre view use or deselecting the option so I can work in Standard view (and not get bounced into Theatre view).  I feel that Theatre view preferences should be independant and have no effect on Standard View.  I have a feeling that this issue primarily affects Theatre view users but hope it can be addressed before you guys go gold (or some future point revision). I must say that MC does feel much tighter and polished now. Good work.

Platu

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2004, 10:18:53 pm »

If you let MC auto-jump you to fullscreen when starting a video from Standard view, it'll auto-jump you back on stop without going to Theater View.

That setting is under Options > General.

Platu

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2004, 11:24:26 pm »

The auto-jump to full screen only works when playing items from the library or a playlist. I always queue up all the videos I intend on watching in playing now and play them from there. Playing now doesn't appear to do the auto-jump to full screen (which is actually a good thing) so I usually double click on the playing video itself to switch to full screen. So the way it's designed right now, if you switch to full screen from playing now, you'll always get bumped into Theatre view when the video is stopped. I'm trying not to be too picky but I hate the thought of having to always exit out of Theatre view at the end of every video. I guess my workflow doesn't fit well with the Theatre view option and autojump settings.

Platu

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 11:59:01 am »

Maybe 10.1 could allow more tuning of this.

Until then, you'll have to either turn the option off, or try to ignore it if Theater View shows up. (which isn't all that much worse than a big black screen showing)

Platu

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2004, 01:41:45 pm »

Thanks Matt. I'll post a reminder when you begin work on 10.1

Platu
Pages: [1]   Go Up