INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Q re tag content display in visualizations  (Read 1221 times)

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
Q re tag content display in visualizations
« on: April 07, 2004, 02:20:03 pm »

Sorry for all the cross-posting, but SOMEONE has got to know the answer to this.

I'm trying to edit a visualization using Visualization Studio and using a text editor.  I'm trying to replace the display of the ALBUM field with the contents of a custom tag field I've created in MC 10 (ALBUMS).  But VS doesn't seem to recognize ALBUMS as a variable, and just tags a capital S onto the end of the the contents of the ALBUM variable at the time (For example, say ALBUM contains "Abbey Road" and ALBUMS contains "Beatles - Abbey Road".  If I put ALBUMS in the text section, the display is "Abbey RoadS", i.e. the contents of ALBUM with an "S" tacked on the end, instead of the contents of ALBUMS).  

If I use a text editor to go into the .mjv file of the visualization that's the one I'm trying to modify, I see where the text section begins and the script calls the string variables (at least that's how I think of them) ALBUM ARTIST NAME YEAR but I don't see those variables defined anywhere.  I'm guessing they must be defined somewhere, but where?  And how can I add my custom fields to the definition?

If I put CUSTOM_1 as a text variable, that text doesn't show on the screen, so VS is recognizing it as a variable, but how do I point the variable to the field whose data it's supposed to contain?

Any help would be appreciated...its been quite a while since I did any real programming and I just don't want to learn whatever the visualization plugins are written in, I just want to tweak them a little.

Thanks

cascius

• Galactic Citizen
Re:Q re Visualisation Studio & tag content display
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 03:10:41 pm »

Well, Nolonemo, I just spent some time trying to solve your problem. I haven't found a solution as of yet but I'll keep looking into it later on today.

Good luck,

-Olivier

New findings: One of my custom tags is called "styles". I opened an mp3 which for sure had information in that tag. I could see all the other tags there (i.e. lyrics, etc...) but not the custom one... I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Therefore what I'm guessing is that the custom tags are either:
- stored in the library rather than in the file
- stored in the file but using some sort of encription

Anyway, that's probably why u get an empty info.

Maybe someone has a solution.

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
Re:Q re tag content display in visualizations
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 07:31:12 pm »

Shameless bump.
Pages: [1]   Go Up