INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Price for ver 10?  (Read 1244 times)

Chadman

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Price for ver 10?
« on: April 09, 2004, 10:18:29 am »

I purchased version 10 for 39.99 while it was in beta.  Now I see that it is out of beta and only 24.99.  This seems a little backwards to me.  I paid a higher price to help test software and now the bugs are out the price had been reduced.  Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Chad

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Price for ver 10?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 10:25:57 am »

It's a special price.

Chadman

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 11:04:35 am »

Yes I did see that it is a "special" price; however, I still feel you did this backwards.  The "special" should have been while it is in beta, not after you release it.  This is the first time I paid for beta software and I just felt like I was kind of ripped off after seeing that.  I am happy with the software, just not happy to see the price drop after it was released.  

Thanks,
Chad

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2004, 01:11:37 pm »

I bought a new dress for a wedding, and the day after I wore it they had it on sale!  Sort of similar.
. . . the game is rigged

Omni

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 01:27:36 pm »

Hey, Chadman, I mean this in all due respect, but considering your post count, I highly doubt that you personally put any effort into "beta testing" this program.  True beta testers spend hours and hours tracking down bugs, creating repeatable test procedures for the developers, etc.

Given this, exactly how do you feel ripped off?

Seriously.  You bought a media player; you used it for months; and now that it is on sale, you are complaining.  That just doesn't make sense to me. <shrug>

Omni

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2004, 01:44:31 pm »

And BTW, as a footnote, we beta testers did get a special deal at the time.  Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to recall only paying $10 or $12 for the 9.1 to 10.0 upgrade.  So to imply the JRiver doesn't appreciate and take care of their beta testers is not really fair.  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up