INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WindowBlinds Skin Option for MC...  (Read 1671 times)

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
WindowBlinds Skin Option for MC...
« on: April 10, 2004, 12:43:51 pm »

Any chance that MC can have a skin option to use WindowBlinds skins instead of the built-in MC only skins ?

MC is the only software that I can't use WindowBlinds on; as a result it does not look anything at all like the rest of my software.

The reason I want to do this is...

* To make MC fit the overall theme of my computer by having a consistent look.

* For every MC skin there are around 1,000 StarDock WindowsBlinds skins to choose from.

* There are 6 -12 new WindowBlinds skins introduced
EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK so the selection is MUCH better.

This would be a very nice addition & would make MC more compatible looking with the rest of my computer.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

DocLotus

Re:WindowBlinds Skin Option for MC...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 04:30:50 pm »

bump
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

rocketsauce

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 06:14:02 pm »

I don't really know, but my guess would be "no", for all the same reasons that there is no longer a 'no skin' option.

Rob

DocLotus

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 08:33:02 pm »

What I am thinking is not necessarily a no skin option but something like an "other source" skin option.  MC would still be using skins... they would simply be from another source other then JRiver.

pocket

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2004, 09:35:13 pm »

Why was the "No Skin" option removed?  It seems it would be less programming overhead than allowing skinning.   I too have a beautiful windows skin.  It would be great to have MC be consistent with everything else, like MJ was with the "No Skin" option.

DocLotus

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2004, 11:35:04 pm »

There has been a lot of threads on MC skinning / why there is no longer a no skin opton.

Going to a skin only provided more room.  The standard Windows border (mostly at the top of the screen) took up too much room.

It does look better & does provide more room.  The only problem is we don't seem to be able to use other skinning programs such as WindowBlinds.

rocketsauce

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004, 12:21:38 am »

What I am thinking is not necessarily a no skin option but something like an "other source" skin option.

Right. But since MC is no longer capable of letting Windows draw the gui (via a 'no skin' option), I don't see how it would be able to let another program, like Window Blinds, draw the gui.

Going to a skin only provided more room.  The standard Windows border (mostly at the top of the screen) took up too much room.

Getting rid of the standard Windows border gained what... maybe a quarter inch of screen space. I certainly hope that wasn't the reason for losing the 'no skin' option. I'd rather lose the space and have that option back. Anyway, it was my understanding that 'no skin' was removed because the devs found it easier to implement panes by having MC, rather than Windows, draw the gui.

It does look better....

That's debatable. I have yet to find a skin for MC that I really like. Thunderstorm and Blue Steel are too dark. PixOS is so light it hurts my eyes. I was using Windows Classic, but I'm not even sure if it works with the current version of MC anymore. Plus it was a weird kind of yellowish grey instead of the normal Win98/XP Classic grey. I'm currently using Z as my default mainly because it doesn't have the rounded corners when it's maximized, but other than that I don't really care for it.

Rob

DocLotus

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 10:26:13 am »

Hi Rocketsauce;

Yes, I know what you are talking about when it comes to skin color.

I agree totally about many skins being too dark or too light. Thunderstorm and Blue Steel being too dark & PixOS is so light it hurts my eyes... me too :o

At least that is what I used to think until the other day when by chance I ran across the Tools/Skins/Skin Effects option.  It allows us to change the color & shade of most skins... NEAT ;D

I asked how long it has been an option & someone told me since 9.1 (they thought). I really missed that one.

This helps me to brighten too dark skins or darken too light skins like PixOS.  It works very well indeed.

The Skin Effects is no WindowBlinds but it does help a lot with overly dark or bright skins.

Still wish I could apply WindowBlinds to MC like I could in v 8.

Oh well, maybe someday, huh ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up