INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: crossfading ripped CD tracks (WAVs)  (Read 932 times)

kindway

• nothing more to say...
crossfading ripped CD tracks (WAVs)
« on: November 20, 2002, 11:14:47 am »

I've tried to follow similar forum topics and haven't gotten my question answered yet. So:

I want to rip several tracks to WAV and then, using Media Editor, crossfade between the tracks, thereby creating new files with the segued track changes. Then I want to burn the resulting files to an audio CD.

Basically, I'm compiling a "best of" live CD from different sources that I want to eventually sound like a genuine single show.

Is this possible with MJ? One of the salesman I e-mailed with the question prior to downloading the program said yes, but I can't seem to make it work.

Thanks for any advice.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: crossfading ripped CD tracks (WAVs)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2002, 11:24:02 am »

The CD burner in version 9 can write with cross fade or other effects enabled.  It's in beta.  See the message at the top for how to get it.

sub-24

• World Citizen
  • It Happens
Re: crossfading ripped CD tracks (WAVs)
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2002, 11:54:52 am »

WHat i would do is record all the files or tracks that you want individually and then use something like cooledit 2000 which has a fade in fade out function to cut and paste them all together.

Alternatively create a playlist with all the tracks that you want and use the cross fade functions within MJ to get the sound you require.

Then if you have a soundblaster card you can create this playlist to a new file etc.

Pages: [1]   Go Up