INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem creating smartlists/playlists for Zen Hanheld  (Read 950 times)

Bob in LA

• Recent member
Problem creating smartlists/playlists for Zen Hanheld
« on: April 11, 2004, 09:22:01 pm »

Hello everyone,

I may be missing something obvious here, but I'm not sure how to create a smartlist or playlist based on the files on my 40G Zen Xtra.  When I try to add a rule or preset to limit them to the Zen I can't seem to do that.  I hope I'm being clear enough in stating my dilemna.  In any event, thanks for all ideas, suggestions, or pertinent approbations.

Regards,

Bob L.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Problem creating smartlists/playlists for Zen Hanheld
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 09:22:38 am »

For your Zen files to show up in the library (and smartlists), you'll need to import them.

If the Zen doesn't work like a plain drive, it'd probably be best to make a copy of the files on your local hard drive.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Bob in LA

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 09:52:54 am »

Hey Matt,

What I'm trying to do is make smartlists to create playlists that will run on the Zen itself.  I basically have a copy of all my files on both my local hard disk and the zen.   I want to be able to use a smartlist to create a playlist in MC and then either save it directly to the zen or save it locally and move it to the zen.  When I look at the filename on the zen it shows up as JB\filename in MC.  Any suggestions or is it even possible?

Regards,

Bob L.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 10:19:56 am »

Bob,

It sounds like you have already transferred your files from MC to Zen. If you have smartlists and playlists in MC, try right clicking on your Nomad in MC and select 'Synchronization'. You will then see a list of your MC playlists/smartlists. You can select the playlists you want and then start the sync and MC will create and populate the playlists on Zen with the files that are already on Zen (assuming you put them there from MC).  Be careful with the checkbox for 'Delete unselected files'. If you have this selected and only choose 1 playlist, the result is that all files are removed from Zen except the files in that playlist.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up