INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.112 Available  (Read 3792 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.112 Available
« on: April 12, 2004, 04:02:07 pm »

Please use this thread for bugs only.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.  

The latest version of 10 is here: ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter100112.exe

Information on upgrading or purchasing is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/purchase.html

10.0.112 (4/12/04)

1. Fixed: MC would show "insert disc and double-click" message at the root of Drives & Devices on systems with no CD drive.
2. Changed: Previous, Next, and Stop buttons and menu items enable / disable when appropriate.
3. Changed: Shuffle / random functions improved to overly-paranoid quality. (could explain a few tenths of a percent deviation from ideal on lists of 40,000 or more files)
4. NEW: Shuffle now maximizes the distribution of artists in some cases to prevent unwanted (albeit random) clumping.
5. Fixed: Shuffle mode would only shuffle new tracks that were being played if Playing Now was being replaced. (but not if they were added to any specific location)
6. Changed: Download Manager displays "Resume functionality is not available for ftp downloads" message when Resume is attempted on downloads from ftp sites.
7. Fixed: Portable synchronization did not always handle changes in Comment and Composer fields correctly.
8. Changed: Fixed and removable drive Portables will no longer show hidden and system files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
Re:Media Center 10.0.112 Available
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 04:06:55 pm »

3. Changed: Shuffle / random functions improved to overly-paranoid quality. (could explain a few tenths of a percent deviation from ideal on lists of 40,000 or more files)
4. NEW: Shuffle now maximizes the distribution of artists in some cases to prevent unwanted (albeit random) clumping.

So, how do you REALLY feel? ;D ;D

Platu

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 04:52:45 pm »

Theatre view doesn't redraw screen properly when automatically returning to theatre view from full screen view. The buttons on the left side of the screen don't reappear. I only tested this when playing videos.

Platu

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 04:53:01 pm »

LMAO
pretend this is something funny

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 05:27:09 pm »

LMAO

It wasn't really meant as a joke.  All those posts about "clumping" and random not being random have us wondering if there really was a problem.

From what we could tell, there wasn't a problem.  However, we made some changes that improve the distribution with very large lists of files.  The improvements are so minor that a person could never really detect them unless they averaged 1000's of samples.

The new feature that spreads the distribution of artists should help lists look more random -- although it's actually making the list less random than before since it's applying structured logic...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

TimB

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 05:59:06 pm »

LMAO

The new feature that spreads the distribution of artists should help lists look more random -- although it's actually making the list less random than before since it's applying structured logic...

Thanks!  IMHO its not whether its technically truly random but if it appears that way.  In this case maybe perception IS reality. ;)

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004, 08:00:51 pm »

LMAO

It wasn't really meant as a joke.

I figured, but I did find it funny.

I do love the fact that you guys are so responsive to these types of things.
pretend this is something funny

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 08:22:55 pm »

The new tree icons still not showing up in the Thunderstorm skin.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=20547

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2004, 08:28:08 pm »

"Help" -> "Check for updates" doesn't see any updates (version 111 didn't detect version 112).

As for the random function,  I have noticed that people don't really understand random distributions... Hopefully, this new not-quite-so-random random function will appease them! :)

TimB

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2004, 09:07:08 pm »

Bring up edit mode with F2 on any file, tab over to the Genre field (maybe others too but this is the one I saw), if it says "Rock" and you've also got a "rock" genre too it'll drop the upper case on the word when you tab thru it.

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2004, 03:54:47 am »

MC doesn't save the last few changes made when closing down.
For instance: changes made in the lyrics or assingning a rating to a song.
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2004, 04:46:38 am »

Guy's,

First of all well done on the release of MC10. It's a great product and you Guy's have put a lot of work into it.

OK, the problem I have is with the remote built in remote control plugin (IRMAN). I have tried to learn several keys however during learning I get an error saying for example, the key volume - is already assigned to volume + when there all clear.

I have tried this with 2 different remotes (Cyberlink remote and a Windows XP Media Center remote).

Any idea why it says the key is already assigned when it's not.

John

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2004, 05:54:02 am »

I still get the little "burst" of sound when sitching tracks even with the "aggressive reset" option checked.  I'm using all "immediate" and "gapless" settings.

Larry

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2004, 06:21:24 am »

A quick use of a couple of smartlists I have here got artists that I have never seen be included.

But now there is no rhyme or reason to the way selections are picked like there was in previous builds. The sameness was conforting. Just kidding!

Thanks guys! Whether it is now truly 'random' it works that way.

JohnT

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2004, 09:31:26 am »

Guy's,

First of all well done on the release of MC10. It's a great product and you Guy's have put a lot of work into it.

OK, the problem I have is with the remote built in remote control plugin (IRMAN). I have tried to learn several keys however during learning I get an error saying for example, the key volume - is already assigned to volume + when there all clear.

I have tried this with 2 different remotes (Cyberlink remote and a Windows XP Media Center remote).

Any idea why it says the key is already assigned when it's not.

John
Maybe try increasing the "anti-repeat" time. Possibly MC is getting two button presses instead of one and when it tries to assign the second one to the next command, it sees that it's identical to the previous command.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Madcow

• World Citizen
  • moo!
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2004, 02:44:39 pm »

The installer still refers to MEGA-ME and MINI-ME even though those modes have been renamed within MC itself.

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2004, 04:46:07 pm »

I suspect that's what most people want when they say "random" in this context.
Pages: [1]   Go Up