INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Starting visualizations  (Read 1551 times)

52girl52

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
Starting visualizations
« on: April 14, 2004, 09:43:03 pm »

Help I have the lastest release but I'm lost.

I'm playing a song, I use to simply click the 'play Now' button and the Visualizations would start.

Not any more! Some changed and I don't have a clue. I'm getting NO Visualizations and can't start them.

I've used the programs 'Help' menu/program but I can't understand what's it's trying to say or where is wants me to go...lost.

Most of the 'controls' must be for left brain people and I'm right brained because media center off doing stuff I have no reason to believe it should be doing.

I wanted to update/edit some information for my 25000 songs (about 40 to be exact) but instead the darn thing re-numbered every single one of my songs 'tract' numbers from 1 straight to 25000....what a screw-up, what a mess.

Now  the visualizations are gone. HELP HELP help.

Steve/Marlene

IanG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:MC 10.0 Released on April 8, 2004
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 03:08:45 am »

Start playing something and then select "Playing Now". Right click in the top right hand pane, select "Display Plugins" and then whichever you want.  

I've no idea what's happening with the track numbers - are you sure you're not looking at a sequence number?

Ian G.

jleerigby

Re:Starting visualizations
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 07:25:04 am »

Select Playing Now and drag the horizontal splitter bar down so you can see the area where Vis are normally displayed.  Then click the icon in the bottom left corner of this bar and you'll see all the options you need.

As far as renumbering your tracks - it sounds like you inadvertantly added your whole library to the Playing Now list and you have the Shuffle function enabled so that tracks you add to Playing Now are randomised.  Look for the 3 icons next to the player bar - one of them toggles shuffle on/off.  

Like Ian said I think it's the Playing Now sequence that has changed rather than the track number within the album.

You are lucky to have a right-sided brain.  According to my wife I don't have a brain at all.

52girl52

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
Re:Starting visualizations
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 05:22:31 pm »

Thanks everyone and Jim too. Well I slept on it and my son took a look and figured it out. The toolbar and visualization were indeed linked together.

Went I clicked the toolbar to move to another visualization (3-D at the time) the mouse pointer had missed the toolbar and I clicked on the opened window above it.

When this happened the 'Visualization' window snapped shut and was replaced with a list of my media files (i.e. mp3's). Happen so quick I didn't know or see anything.

The thunderstorm skin and the rather dark display of my monitor hide the problem/solution from me as the program; as it should or supposed to do I guess, closed the 'Visualization' window.

I looked and work for hours trying to get that toolbar and visualization stuff back! Was I frustrated...I was biting heads off of baby birds I was so frustrated!  ;)      only joking, that jungle survival training flashed back on me :D.

The tract-numbering problem is very real and it is the indeed the 'tract' numbers that were all over-written.

25000 re-written tract numbers took a while to do too. Close to a full hour, but I was afraid to stop it after it started and in any case. I had no clue what the program was up to, but I figured 40 mp3's shouldn't take this long and I was right; 25000 mp3 updates later!

It will take weeks to find the proper album and song tract numbers again. Life goes on.

Thanks Again,

spc
Pages: [1]   Go Up