INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Favorite iRiver Player is ...  (Read 3942 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
My Favorite iRiver Player is ...
« on: April 15, 2004, 12:55:51 pm »

Name your favorite iRiver player and tell us why.  Please include a photo if you can.

Wintings

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re:My Favorite iRiver Player is ...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 08:31:58 am »

iRiver iHP-120 is my favourite. Why? Because it's the only one I've got.
There 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary notation and those who don't

Galley

• Galactic Citizen
  • Insert witty text here
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 01:17:57 am »

iRiver iHP-120 is my favourite. Why? Because it's the only one I've got.

Same here.  I don't care for the triangular shape of their flash-based players.  My brother-in-law has one of those.

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 05:15:08 am »

I started with the IFP390T but recently I was able to buy the IHP 120 (now called the H120 I think) as well and it has become my favourite player.
It has excellent sound, a built-in fm tuner and enough storage capacity for me. I don't need the extra 20GB of the IHP140. Moreover I like the looks of it.

Sweet Spot

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2004, 10:53:10 am »

Oh goodie..picture time ! I love my IHP-120 It's pretty much everthing I thought it would be (quirks and all), and does ALMOST everthing I want it to. I bought it because I have a pretty extensive CD collection, and I'm obsessed with music. I suppose being a musician contributes to that eh ?

I was originally looking at the iPod, but then, who DIDN'T look at that one first ? The advertising dept for them is amazing, and they certainly deserve major props for pimping that thing like no other company could (bar MS if they had such a product).

But things about the iPod botherd me. At the time, it was the 5 gig model that I was looking at, and I thought, "wow, these people are either nuts, have a lot of money, or just don't know the value of a dollar..or all three". There was no way I was about to spend close to over $400 for a 5 gig music player. So I waited, and as I did, I discovered the dreaded battery issues they were having..Yet another minus. So I waited more, and eventually as the second gen iPod rolled out, so did a few other players. Long story short, after having returned a Creative NJB3 after 2 weeks because of a serious malfunction, I waited even longer and eventually the IHP came out.

What I LOVE about it is that it needs no software to be seen by my XP boxes, no software to transfer ANY kind of file, including music files which it can then play on the fly after the import. I love that they incorporated Ogg support as was requested and:

Line IN/OUT
Radio (comes in handy for news on the way home)
Record features ..which mind you could be better, but they're good enough for basic recording.

And now, I hope to love my IHP even more with continued support from the JRiver team. A lot of people on the mistic river forums are anxious to see full support as well. Seems that the Red Chair devs have stepped into the arena with some software for the IHP line, but at this point, I'm really not liking it at all. They've presented us with what they call beta versions, which IMO are more like alpha versions. Sloppy, nasty stuff that seems useless to me atm.

So come on JRiver devs...make us happy ! The answer most people want is " here's your itunes for the IHP". Yep, that's basically what we're looking for. It would provide what Iriver could not. I would still love the file tree method, but if given the chance, I'd love to explore the options that would become available by using the iTunes method. (in short).

For the pics:

Is it possible to upload pics from our HD's ?
Are you gonna bark all day little doggie....Or are you gonna bite ?

Sweet Spot

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2004, 10:58:05 am »

Heh..kept getting "Server Error" and I actually only hit submit once with my mouse, and once by doing Alt-S. The rest I think were put there by my trying to preview. ?? In anycase, they're all gone now. But ah, yes:

I DO LIKE THE IHP-120
I DO LIKE THE IHP-120
I DO LIKE THE IHP-120
I DO LIKE THE IHP-120  ;D
Are you gonna bark all day little doggie....Or are you gonna bite ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2004, 07:24:40 am »

Is it possible to upload pics from our HD's ?
You can put the image anywhere you can upload to and then link to it from here by adding code before and after:
img (with square brackets before and after)
http://picture
/img (with square brackets before and after)

tombo77

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2004, 11:27:04 pm »

Ihp 120

Sold Ipod to get it!

Looks the same as all of em!
iRiver 120 (sold Ipod 10G)
ETY 4P/S
Sony TR2 w/Indigo I/O
Dell 8600
Sony MD and CD Players

ph_bradley

• World Citizen
  • Shagadelic Baby!!
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2004, 02:38:39 am »

tombo, same here - sold my 10gb 3g ipod to get one of these, haven't been disappointed yet.
Welcome to flipmode

Jim L

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2004, 05:33:50 pm »

My favourite iRiver Player is my new iHP-140. I like the features (it plays Ogg Vorbis!) and capacity.

Stebajo

• World Citizen
  • Every move you'll make I'll be here with you
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2004, 07:16:23 pm »

I own a JB3 and today have ordered an iHP-140 that's on my way.
I like its optical in/out, storage capacity & size, radio, ogg compliance and long life batteries. Over that I assume it could at last play from MC.
Photo? The next time obviously, but I can't wait anymore!
Pages: [1]   Go Up