INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Synchronizing Images with Audio Tracks  (Read 898 times)

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
Synchronizing Images with Audio Tracks
« on: April 15, 2004, 06:54:10 pm »

I've had a tiring day, and I'm feeling a bit lazy now, so no throwing stones at me for asking something that is probably common knowledge or perfectly explained in the help file. ;)  :P

Preferably in "Theater View" (a mode I have absolutely no experience[/u] with), is it possible to display a specific image along with each individual audio track?

In other words, ...

While playing Track #1, display Image #1
   While playing Track #2, display Image #2
   While playing Track #N, display Image #N

I am not looking for step-by-step instructions necessarily.  I just want to know if this possible before I invest hours or days trying to figure it out on my own.

Thanks!

Omni

Re:Synchronizing Images with Audio Tracks
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 09:05:36 pm »

Okay, I have been messing with it for a bit now, and yes, I even broke down and launched the help system for guidance.  :P

I have concluded that synchronizing the image playback with the audio playback is not possible.  :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I tried even meticulously ordering a single playlist with the images and audio tracks, but when all is said and done, the only way to get the images to change is to start a slideshow, and unfortunately, for a slideshow, the only timing control you have is a fixed time interval. :(

Please, someone tell me I overlooked something!  ;D

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 10:48:42 pm »

I would also like to see this feature implemented, along w/ some sort of automation to display all the images in the length of the playlist of music.

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 06:02:16 am »

You could always use the cover art mechanism. This would make it a pain to change what images displayed with what tracks, and you couldn't have any kind of random rearrangement. Just use Vis Studio to create a vis with just the image displayed full screen.

Omni

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2004, 12:52:06 pm »

You could always use the cover art mechanism. This would make it a pain to change what images displayed with what tracks, and you couldn't have any kind of random rearrangement. Just use Vis Studio to create a vis with just the image displayed full screen.

I guess that's one solution, and any solution is better than no solution, right?  :)

Maybe this is something I (or we) can push for to be included in 10.1. <shrug>
Pages: [1]   Go Up