INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TAZ - Is This For Real???  (Read 1203 times)

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
TAZ - Is This For Real???
« on: April 21, 2004, 05:12:16 pm »

I've been looking at the new TAZ I Portable Video Player from Tight....  and I just noticed this from http://www.tightaudiosystems.com/taz_aa.htm:

As an easy-to-use product, TAZ I provides an intuitive, captivating, Macromedia Flash ™ based user interface which , combined with a customized version of the JRiver Media Center 9.1 multimedia software suite for the PC, provides all the tools needed to catalog a user's CD library into a variety of digital audio formats, to organize and display digital photographs, and to encode, format and playback your video files in almost any popular digital video format (including MPEG2, MPEG4 and DivX).

Tight has this crazy gift certificate promotion going that will save me $45 on the purchase price and guarantee me a credit of the purchase price towards the next model (should one be produced).  I'm quite leary about paying $379 for something that isn't even on the market yet, but the savings could be impressive.

Before I decide, I'm wondering if anyone at J River can tell me if they are in fact licensing MC for TAZ's internal use.  That would certainly add a bit of credibility and an awesome way of keeping my portable media in order.

IlPadrino.

[Edit]  I just did a search on Interact, and I do see a couple other mentions of TAZ.

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
Re:TAZ - Is This For Real???
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 06:05:02 pm »

4. The purchase price of the Gift Certificate ($379) will be refundable on or after April 15, 2004 if either (i) we cannot ship you a TAZ I by that time, or (ii) you decide you don't want to purchase a TAZ I for any reason (no questions asked).

I'd be a bit wary, given that that date's come and gone and there's no mention of it being for sale on their site

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 08:04:28 pm »

Do a search on "TAZ". The discussion goes all the way back to November 25, 2003. There's not much but it has been mentioned.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 11:43:04 pm »

Tight has this crazy gift certificate promotion going that will save me $45 on the purchase price and guarantee me a credit of the purchase price towards the next model (should one be produced).  I'm quite leary about paying $379 for something that isn't even on the market yet, but the savings could be impressive.

Also note that the gift certificate saves you $45 off $425, but that is not necessarily going to be the price of the unit.  There are rumors of $800 being the initial price, so you may still have to kick in MORE money on top of your pre-ordered gift certificate to buy it!

-John

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 11:58:06 pm »

Also note that the gift certificate saves you $45 off $425, but that is not necessarily going to be the price of the unit.  There are rumors of $800 being the initial price, so you may still have to kick in MORE money on top of your pre-ordered gift certificate to buy it!

-John

Yeah...  I wondered about that.  Where did you hear about the initial pricing?

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2004, 01:32:20 am »

It was somebody's guess? on the TAZ forum.

Also from the forums, release looks like June at the earliest and "Fall" at the latest (for now).

Bet all those Academy Award winners are real impressed with their free vaporware...
http://www.tightaudiosystems.com/taz_aa.htm

-John
Pages: [1]   Go Up