INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any way to save library data when a folder is moved?  (Read 1032 times)

milehigh

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Any way to save library data when a folder is moved?
« on: April 16, 2004, 07:16:04 pm »

Hi,

I have had to move or rename folders several times and I get tired of having to retrieve the lyrics, comments, audio analysis these files just becasue they have been moved.  I don't save this information in the tags or it wouldn't be an issue.  I don't want to save the information in the tags - so my question is - is there a way to save that data or transfer it without cleaning up the library - reimporting and then reanalizing the files again?  

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Any way to save library data when a folder is moved?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 07:36:09 pm »

if you do not save the info in the file, it is saved in the database.

if you move the file, MC will think the file is missing and the info goes away.

if you would use MC to move the files and not an external program you will not lose anything.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

milehigh

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 01:15:16 pm »

Hi King,

I am not sure how this can be done - i.e. renaming and moving complete folders - I looked all over and couldn't figure it out - I see how you can move individual files - but they have to be moved to a folder that is already created.  

I must be doing something wrong.....

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2004, 01:23:21 pm »

If you are using some sort of naming scheme based on the tags of the file (i.e.  c:\artist\album\...) then you can use MC's "Rename File from Properties" function.  If you click on the directories checkbox, it will create the directories if they don't exist, and move files to different drives if that's what you specify...

Alternatively, if you move the files outside of MC, I believe you can use the Library Tools > Find and Replace function to update the path.

Hope this helps.

rocketsauce

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2004, 04:27:05 am »

I am not sure how this can be done - i.e. renaming and moving complete folders - I looked all over and couldn't figure it out - I see how you can move individual files - but they have to be moved to a folder that is already created.

In the tree on the left side, you can rename folders, create new folders and move folders & files in the Drives & Devices/My Computer node.

Rob

Media Center Registered 10.0.116
Pages: [1]   Go Up