INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Won't Play Next Song on List from CD Player  (Read 1269 times)

DONUSA

• Recent member
Won't Play Next Song on List from CD Player
« on: April 17, 2004, 10:07:05 pm »

When I play from the CD player device it will only play the song I click on and does not automatically play the next song on the list.  I can only play the next song by clicking on it manually.  Any suggestions.  I would like to play the whole CD without having to sit at the computer manually starting each song.

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re:Won't Play Next Song on List from CD Player
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 10:36:04 pm »

I've seen this before with MJ8 but I don't recall the exact solution (it's been awhile). Check your settings under MJ>Settings>Options>General>Behavior (section)>Play button. Also check MJ>Settings>Options>Device Settings>Audio CD Settings (section) and see if Use Digital Playback is checked. If I recall correctly, it seems like some people were having symptoms like yours if the the box WASN'T checked which would put it in analog playback mode.

Rx

edit: it is almost certainly the Digital Playback setting (or lack thereof)...

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1845

Also...make sure you have latest Adaptec ASPI

DONUSA

• Recent member
Re:Won't Play Next Song on List from CD Player
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 03:52:51 pm »

Yes, my setting were for analog playback and when I set them to digital playback the player did go to the next song in the list.  I checked the reference question in your response.  Besides all the nice reason this user mentions for using analog playback, I also experience poor playback quality in digital playback mode (from CD).  There are faint clicks and pops during playback.  Perhaps I have a different problem related to digital playback.  Analog CD playback sounds cleaner.  This problem is only experienced with playback from a CD.  I've cleaned my CD and it only occurs with MediaJukebox, not other players I have installed.  

SORRY !!  NEVER MIND.  I FOUND A FIX.   (OUTPUT DIRECT SOUND)    I'M GOOD NOW.
Pages: [1]   Go Up