INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.117 Available  (Read 17511 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.117 Available
« on: April 19, 2004, 05:12:05 pm »

Please use this thread for bugs only.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.  

The latest version of 10 is here: ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter100117.exe

Information on upgrading or purchasing is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/purchase.html

10.0.117 (4/19/04)

1. Fixed: Dropping files on Playing Now list controls would always import them. (regardless of the auto-import setting in Options > General)
2. Fixed: JRImage core could fail to properly load interlaced PNG files with transparency in some cases.
3. Fixed: Media Server help could link to the wrong section of the help file in some cases.
4. Changed: Less agressive detection of fixed drive players as Portable Devices.
5. Fixed: Tree could expand on occasion under Portables when it should not.
6. Changed: Searches now ignore accents, umlauts, and other markings on characters.
7. Changed: Some speed improvements to MC's search engine.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Charlemagne 8

Re:Media Center 10.0.117 Available
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 06:48:54 pm »

Wow. An hour and a half and no feedback at all. Gotta love that. :-*
That's right.
I'm cool.

cascius

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 06:49:52 pm »

6. Changed: Searches now ignore accents, umlauts, and other markings on characters.
7. Changed: Some speed improvements to MC's search engine.

Some nice changes!

I've been having an issue with the past few versions though: (used to happen a while back too)

When going from maximized to restore(non-maxed) window, the size of the MC window becomes way too huge. My screen is at 1600 by 1200 and it's about 1.5-2 times wider and taller.

More info: In the current configuration, I also use my TV screen as a 2nd monitor for video and visualizations. When I start a video/ vis, it switches the resolution of the tv screen (that's wanted). I think this has something to do with MC not remembering the correct size.

Peace,

-Cascius

PS: here are your feedbacks Charlemagne :P

================================================
Media Center Registered 10.0.117 -- E:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1  (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1401 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 94 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive I:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive I:          DVD+RW RW5120      Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
================================================

Sir Alan

• Junior Woodchuck
Re:Camera not handled correctly
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 06:51:48 pm »

I have a camera plugged into a USB port. I also have a USB scanner, which is not connected.

If I click on «Camera» in the Action Window, the drop list shows «Camera is not ready» with «Generic scanner» as a second option.

If I select «Generic scanner» and click «Acquire» I get a «Select source» window listing (correctly, by name) the scanner and camera.  The camera is highlighted.

If I click either «Select» or «Cancel» the camera control window opens and the camera functions normally.
"Progress just makes bad things happen faster" – Granny Weatherwax

theMaxx

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 07:46:04 pm »

Haven't tested or noticed with previous builds, but with 10.0.116 and 117, I seem to sometimes loose the ability to CTRL-A to select all in playing now. Also, is it me or there is no implementation of CTRL-X to cut? I also remember in 9.0 and in the first few 10 versions I've tried, I could use BACKSPACE to get back to previous location inside MC.

These are not bugs but sugestions:
While watching a DVD in full screen on a second monitor (a TV), reading the right-click menu on the screen is very hard. It would help alot to get the same menu showing up when right-clicking inside the "blank"  part of the "Playing now" on the first monitor.
It would be cool to be able to drag and drop a picture on a music file and have it added as the cover art.

MC 10 rocks! You guys are making an amazing job with it!

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2004, 08:27:11 pm »

BUG: Theatre view ignores non alphabetic album sorting. My sorting goes
Artist
Date(Year)
Album
Track #
So selecting an artist and pressing return in Mega-Me plays all their albums in chronological order.
Selecting the same artist in Theatre View and pressing Space plays the albums in alphabetical order. This happens even if I put a Year level in before Album.

BUG: Vis Studio - Cover art doesn't always change if OnEquation is set to something complicated. See this thread
This bug has existed since 8.0. Since I can't have a static image on my plasma (burn-in), and I can't animate cover art around the screen, I can't use cover art at all in my visualisations. Is there any chance of getting this fixed?

BUG: If I open a SWF file as a URL e.g.
http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/comics/pie.swf
it plays OK in MC, using Realplayer apparently. If I download the same SWF for offline play or faster loading, it plays fine in Real or IE but MC won't import or play it.

BUG: Also, aspect ratio control doesn't work for some Divx AVI's. This one for example
http://www.fen-net.de/walter.preiss/speedivx/glas2.avi
I'm playing back with the latest Divx 5.11 codec

Sauzee

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2004, 08:29:15 pm »

If I try to rate the currently playing track with CTRL + Shift +Number , it doesn't work if I am in the Drives & Devices section at the time.

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2004, 09:33:49 pm »

When going from maximized to restore(non-maxed) window, the size of the MC window becomes way too huge. My screen is at 1600 by 1200 and it's about 1.5-2 times wider and taller.

More info: In the current configuration, I also use my TV screen as a 2nd monitor for video and visualizations. When I start a video/ vis, it switches the resolution of the tv screen (that's wanted). I think this has something to do with MC not remembering the correct size.
I used to have this problem, but it seems to be fixed in .116

shortie

• Junior Woodchuck
  • reachin' up to touch bottom
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2004, 09:59:11 pm »

Can't open context menu with Shift-F10.

(Sorry guys, I had to do it   ;D )
Shortie

shortie

• Junior Woodchuck
  • reachin' up to touch bottom
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2004, 10:03:03 pm »

Can't move up directory in File->Open dialog with Backspace key.

I know, these are pretty trivial issues to some of you but it really impacts on us mouse-challenged folk.
Shortie

RedJ

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2004, 10:07:47 pm »

Answer to question from now closed post for 10.0.116:

SteveG
Administrator

Re:Media Center 10.0.116 Available
« Reply #18 on: Today at 12:17:20pm »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
redj,

WHat is the volume label for that drive?

Steve  

The drive volume is "JUKEBOX"

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2004, 02:27:11 am »

10.0.117 (4/19/04)

1. Fixed: Dropping files on Playing Now list controls would always import them. (regardless of the auto-import setting in Options > General)

Sure enough, it's fixed. Thanks guys!

Ce.D

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2004, 03:13:22 am »

6. Changed: Searches now ignore accents, umlauts, and other

Thanks again ! Works great !
Great piece of soft, guys!

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2004, 03:41:56 am »

I have seen this fault since 115 and still present in 117.

When ripping a CD to either wma or MP3 I find it always popup saying Analysing devices....

It will rip a little bit of the track, popup saying it analysing then goes on to rip a bit more then popup until the cd is done. It also rips very slow.

I have rip and encode at same time switched on and using both Plextor Premium and a Plextor 708a. Both with latest firmware.

OS is Windows XP with latest service packs. CPU is an AMD Athlon XP 3200 Barton and PC has 2GB PC3200 ram and SATA drives.

Any idea?

Oh, other software installed is CloneCD (without the virtual drive or the automatic hide CDR options set), AnyDVD, Easy CD Media Creator 7, Nero 6.

John

Sauzee

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2004, 07:51:16 am »

Oh, other software installed is CloneCD (without the virtual drive or the automatic hide CDR options set), AnyDVD, Easy CD Media Creator 7, Nero 6.
That's a lot of writing software installed - could be the source of your problems.  In particular, the packet writing apps cause all sorts of problems and, in my opinion, aren't worth the hassle.

gerbi

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2004, 08:08:41 am »

HI. Can someone tell me why clicking on the link to download the update a "Cannot find server" windows open? I cannot download the update from within the progra either. It finds the update but cannot connect to the server.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

SteveG

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2004, 09:21:10 am »

Redj,

Thanks. MC is set to auto detect certain fixed drive volume labels as Portable Devices. The word 'Jukebox' is viewed as a Portable because by default MC recognizes this word to assist in recognizing players such as the Archos line of players (which use 'Jukebox' in their volume label). The solution for you is to rename the volume to something else. If you think that is unreasonable, let me know and I can change the code, but we would like to keep the ability to auto detect those players.

Steve

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2004, 10:46:36 am »

Two small things:

1) "Convert Format..." with the "Move To..." option enabled (including creating artist/album dirctories) isn't smart about allowed characters in pathnames. My particular example was converting APLs to MP3s. The Album was titled "Let It Be... Naked" in the library and for the source APL directory. Converting these tracks hung on the encoding process. Renaming the album to "Let It Be - Naked" in the library allowed the conversion to proceed.

2) Smarlist issue-- I have a smartlist called "x 1st tracks". The rule is: "Limit 488 tracks, Track#=1, File Type=mp3"

I have a 2nd smartlist that refers to the first. The rule is: "Playlist: x 1st tracks, Sort [Album],[Track #], File Type=mp3, Modifier: Full Albums"

No matter where I place the file type modifiers, I always get a mixture of mp3 & APLs in the 2nd smartlist. Removing the full albums modifier fixes the file type problem, but then I don't get full albums.

Best,
Brad

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2004, 01:07:25 pm »

I just updated from 10.0.111 to .117 and noticed my library seemed a little 'light'.  I imported from the server and lo and behold, 2296 files were found.  They are NOT new files, they are files that used to be in the library, and afted installing .117 they were not.

I have no idea how some of my files were mysteriously removed, but I 'm sure I didn't do it.

Might want to look into this.
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up