INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art Finder - Internet download/save bug  (Read 1470 times)

realShady

Cover Art Finder - Internet download/save bug
« on: April 21, 2004, 10:17:58 am »

Cover Art Finder, Ver 0.0.15

MC: v10.0.118 (registered)

I had 7 items in the playlist, 6 of which had a "folder.jpg" ready to be batch processed. The "save as folder.jpg" option was selected on.

When I clicked on the file I knew I was missing a cover for (2nd item in the list), the plug-in correctly went off to the Internet to search for a suitable jpg. Before it had completed the search, I had clicked through the other playlist items, to check their covers were ok before batch processing.

When the search finally completed, the plug-in overwrote the existing folder.jpg for the item I was looking at, as well as saving in the correct folder for the missing item.

I don't think this is how it's expected to work? It was certainly a surprise to me...

Generally I am very pleased with the plug-in -- it's certainly much more helpful than the MC default "all cover art in one folder".

However, I find I'm switching off the "search Internet" option, as the art returned never seems to be as good as a manual search of the same 3 sites you're using (w..., a... and v...) -- usually the 2nd one produces better results.

Please don't take this as negative criticism though, I really do love the plug-in -- great work! :)

--realShady

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Cover Art Finder - Internet download/save bug
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 05:13:59 pm »

as the art returned never seems to be as good as a manual search of the same 3 sites you're using

that may be true. however it may help to turn off one site in favor of the others.

BTW it searches 4 sites not 3

Nothing is perfict.

when i Get Time I may create another plug-in for cover art, not sure when i will have time however.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up