INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld Problem  (Read 2845 times)

thebame

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Handheld Problem
« on: April 23, 2004, 07:26:57 pm »

I have a Creative Nomad II MG MP3 player and I'm trying to get Media Jukebox to recognize this.  I have downloaded the appropriate driver.  I do see Nomad II listed under the CD & Handhelds section now.  However, when I click on Nomad II I get three different pop messages.

The first one reads, "Co Create Error".
The second one reads, "80040154".
The last one reads, "Initialization failed.  Please check that Nomad is connected and on."

My Nomad is connected and it is on.  I can access the MP3 player via Creative Playcenter that came with it.

Is there something else I have to download or do in order for Media Jukebox to read or recognize the Nomad MP3 player?  Thanks in advance for your help.

- Dave

thebame

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Handheld Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 07:47:03 pm »

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 09:06:01 am »

Dave,

This is almost certainly a driver incompatibility. Where did you get the driver you have installed?

Steve

thebame

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 08:14:07 pm »

Sorry it took me so long to reply.

Within the application I went to:
Settings--->Plug-in Manager
Within the pop window that appeared I clicked on Handheld.
Then I clicked on a hyperlink labeled Handheld Plug Ins Page
The web page that came I scrolled down to Nomad II MG - 3.0.11 and selected version 8 because that is the version of Media Jukebox that I have.
After I clicked on it I got a pop message that said the Package was successfully installed.

Nomad II appears under the CD & Handheld section however, when I click on it I receive the error messages I described earlier?

Is there something else I should be doing?

- Dave

thebame

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 09:08:17 pm »

Any suggestions or is this a product defect?  I appreciate any help you can provide.  I'm not interested in having one applicatin to load my mp3s on my portable player, another to house and play my collection, another to rip songs from my CDs, another to play video files, and another one to perform some other function.  I was hoping Media Jukebox would be the all in one application.  Thanks again for your help.

- Dave

thebame

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 10:57:30 pm »

bump

Anyone out there?

thebame

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2004, 07:49:23 pm »

bump
Anyone?

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2004, 09:55:58 pm »

This may not be the answer you're looking for but I would suggest trying out MC10.  You get 30 days and if you like it the cost is $25.

After you download MC10, go to the Plug-Ins->Handhelds and under windows XP (if you have that) and MC10 select the Nomad II MG plug-in version 9.0.13,

It is also important that you have the latest driver for your device.

MC10 is a big improvement over MJ8, and if you want a better integrated program it's worth the try and $25 in my opinion.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2004, 08:22:27 am »

Dave,

Please be sure you have the latest drivers from Creative for your Nomad and see if that helps. If you do, BullishDad's suggestion is good.

Steve

thebame

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2004, 02:49:58 pm »

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond.  It sounds to me like it's a bug that won't be fixed.  I'd really love it if I could get this to recognize my mp3 portable player.  I have the latest drivers and firmware installed for it.

After laying out money and purchasing Media Jukebox it was disappointing to find this feature not working.  Being asked to give more money to a company for an "upgraded" product to fix the problem wasn't the answer I was hoping for.

Imagine buying a television from Sony and some of the channels don't come it and when you call Sony they ask you to buy a different television to fix the problem.

I realize this is the only way it will get fixed at this point but I feel a free upgrade to MediaCenter or a discount is warranted.  This I believe would be fair.  Is this something you can provide?  Thanks again for your assistance.

- Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up