INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Projection  (Read 797 times)

dmccurrach

• Change this by choosing profile
Projection
« on: April 26, 2004, 08:49:22 am »

I am interested in using MJ for a church setting.  when i convert a dvd to an copmuter file, I want to be able to have the program send the vidoe portion to the projector.  while I still have the control screen on my computer.  Is that standard or would I have to have someon write a plugin?

pipsqueak

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
Re:Projection
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 10:25:02 am »

i donmt use a projector myself (i use a large HDTV), but if the projector has a monitor function, you can use them as 2 independant screens.

windows will allow you to create an extended desktop. connect both together > right click in desktop screen > properties > settings...

i frequently set it up so i have the visualisations / video on the hdtv and the track info on my laptop.

pip

AussieBruce2

• Recent member
  • Hey there from the Gold Coast
Re:Projection
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 11:48:28 pm »

You sure can, I do just that, I have my main PC down in the basement which holds all my media, I use a laptop out my the pool with a wirelees network connection to the basement, so I can select music or video.

The audio from the sound card in the pc is just split and fed outside to the amp and speakers (5.1 decoder)

I have a g4 graghics gard with twin monitor outpt and a RCA, I run a cable some 50 meters from that to the rear of my projector, so whatever shows on montior 2 comes out of the projector aswel, approx 5 meter screen accros one end of my pool

The pic is as sharp as any if seen through a projector and I can control the lot from anywhere around my property.

I hope this helps
Bruce
Pages: [1]   Go Up