INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can commands be added to the remote control setup list?  (Read 2142 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Can commands be added to the remote control setup list?
« on: May 23, 2004, 07:05:56 am »

Some of the commands I'd like to map to my remote control are not included in the MC remote control setup list.  Is there any way to add these ourselves?

Thanks,

Larry

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Can commands be added to the remote control setup list?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 09:00:11 am »

No.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2004, 06:35:43 pm »

Is there a way to edit a file manually in order to add commands -- something akin to editing the resouce.xml file in MC?  Usign Girder, I can map ANY command in the resource.xml file to a remote control key.  I was hoping that there might be a way of doing this in MC as well.

Thanks again,

Larry

jleerigby

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 02:17:49 am »

What are you trying to do Larry i.e. what function are you trying to invoke on your remote?  

I ask this because, if you are using Girder, you should have no use for the MC Remote Control Plug In.  Girder will do it all, and very efficiently.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 06:28:29 am »

What are you trying to do Larry i.e. what function are you trying to invoke on your remote?  

I ask this because, if you are using Girder, you should have no use for the MC Remote Control Plug In.  Girder will do it all, and very efficiently.

The system I'm using this on is older (P3 850) and the response when using Girder is annoyingly sluggish.  I thought that this might be due to some extra overhead when using Girder, and that the direct control via MC might be more responsive.  Do you know if this is a possiblity (I don't have access to that system at the moment)?

Thanks,

Larry

jleerigby

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 07:59:25 am »

I doubt that it will make any difference by using MC's own plug in.  Girder is not known for using up lots of system resources and being 'sluggish'.  Perhaps something else is wrong.

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 09:57:22 am »

What commands would you like added? We could possibly add a few commands, but making the list user modifiable will have to wait a bit.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2004, 04:11:47 pm »

I doubt that it will make any difference by using MC's own plug in.  Girder is not known for using up lots of system resources and being 'sluggish'.  Perhaps something else is wrong.

How "snappy" should the response be on a P3 850?  I'm not sure that something is "wrong" -- I figured that this just isn't a fast enough system to use get great performance out of MC/Girder/remote control.  Basically, the perfomance is sluggish enough that navigating is "annoying."  There is a distinct lag to each button reacting.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2004, 04:14:40 pm »

What commands would you like added? We could possibly add a few commands, but making the list user modifiable will have to wait a bit.

One that I can think of off the top of my head is the direct jump to Theater View.  This command is in the resource.xml list, and with Girder I was able to map it to a key.  This makes for easier toggling between standard and theater view.

There were a couple others that I thought of when I was in front of the system, but I can't remember them at the moment.

Thanks,

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up