INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slow browsing of playlists  (Read 969 times)

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Slow browsing of playlists
« on: April 28, 2004, 03:03:45 am »

I had asked this question in the v9.1 days and got a satisfactory answer, but it does not seem to apply to 10.0 or at least i cant find the solution.

when browsing thorugh playlists, if u ever select the root item, MC tries to include all the playlists below it. This slows down MC a great deal when the only reason the root item was selected was to select an item lower down.

There used to be drop-down options, like not in playlist, include playlists etc just above the status bar, but i cant seem to find them anymore in 10.0.111 (thunderstorm)

Can anyone tell me how to activate them as i dont want MC to include everything in the folder when i click the root item ?

Matt's solution does not seem to work.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
Re:Slow browsing of playlists
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 12:35:06 am »

*BUMP*

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 09:13:08 am »

The root item "Playlists" just lists all your imported files.

Playlist Groups list all the files in the child playlists, which could be slow if you have lots of complex smartlists.

For now, I'd either make less smartlists in a group or just try to not click on the group.

Not the best answer, but hopefully it isn't a deal breaker for you.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 10:45:43 am »

For now, I'd either make less smartlists in a group or just try to not click on the group.

Not the best answer, but hopefully it isn't a deal breaker for you.

make less smartlists !!!

ur kidding right :) smartlists are a fabulous feature of MC.

I was curious why the functionality to exclude child playlists was removed in 10.0. Admittedly i did not use it as intended cept to exclude child groups from being executed.

i played around and found a workaround.

when one drills down in the Playlists folder and selects any smartlist/playlist from a group, its selected with a red bar (thunderstorm). Now if u try to collapse that playlist group, there is no way to prevent all the smartlists/playlists in that group  from being executed which can take ages yadda yada.

However, if u change focus from playlists, ( go to PN, CTRL+2), and then click back at the '+' to close the playlist group, it closes the group without executing its child items.

Interestingly, when u drill down by clicking the + to open a playlist group there is no problem, its only when collapsing (pressing the +) of the same playlist group that it executes the child items.

i suppose if one were to click on the playlist group explicitly, then all items in it get executed...

but if one clicks the '+' , i prefer it not do so, as it implies opening/closing  the folder.

just a thought, i can live with the above workaround.
Pages: [1]   Go Up