INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "...properly installed for current user"  (Read 1205 times)

Laird_Williams

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
"...properly installed for current user"
« on: November 18, 2002, 04:58:20 am »

This is all on one machine.
XP Pro with all updates. MJB8 installed using my XP user account.

Am now logged into my daughter's account.
Tried temporarily making her an administrator.

Copied shortcut from my account's start menu to her desktop. Invocation says:

"Media Jukebox is not properly installed for the current user. Please reinstall..."

If you really want to make this single user on single box, then I have no problem with this...but a complete reinstall for each user on the same box? That's just plain brain-dead. How about a seperate key installer that enables the software for each user? THE FILES ARE ALREADY INSTALLED ON MY MACHINE!!! HELLOOOO!!!! Copying them over will screw my updates.

There HAS to be a more intelligent way to deal with this. Nobody who sells software on XP is this stupid. XP supports multiple user accounts - a heavily-used feature in the home environment. This software supposedly "supports" XP. What did I miss? And why does every other piece of software I have run on the box no matter who the user is?

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: "...properly installed for current user"
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2002, 05:24:20 am »

In the interest of civility, please tone down your remarks in the future. Nobody forced you to use this software.

With version 8, you must reinstall for each user which will create the correct registry entries for each user. The program files will simply copy over the existing ones so it won't take up any more disk space.
Version 9, which is in early beta testing, has addressed this issue. However, I would recommend that you wait on version 9 until it's more stable.

John T.
JRiver, Inc.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: "...properly installed for current user"
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2002, 05:26:20 am »

Workaround (possibly...haven't tried it). I think user priviledges matter only when you have MJ use the "Internal ASPI". Uncheck it so that it will use the external Adaptec ASPI (make sure you have latest - v4.72).

MJ has to be installed for EVERY user (no link copying). The above may eliminate the need to keep her account at the Administrative level (but keep it at that level UNTIL it's installed)

10-27
Pages: [1]   Go Up