INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: will hypertext functions within library views ever be a possibility?  (Read 1295 times)

AoXoMoXoA

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!

Maybe this can already be done somehow and I have missed it, but:

I was browsing my music library, and came up with a (probably 'hair-brained') idea.

I was looking through a View Scheme which showed: "Genre/Artist/Album".

While browsing I came across (for argument sake let's say Grateful Dead) Grateful Dead under "Alternative Country" with two albums showing.
(Please let's not discuss proprer genre's here as it is not pertinant).

Now, I know there are numerous other albums by the Grateful Dead in my collection, but not quite sure what genre(s) they may be listed under.

Is there some way that in future versions there can be a hyper-text function so I can click on Grateful Dead in the above examples and locate all their other albums in (perhaps) the Action Window or maybe a floating window allowing me to preview the new information without losing my place in the original View Scheme I was browsing?

Maybe in the way you can stack browser windows in browsers like Firebird or iRider? Probably a bit over the top, but an idea none-the-less.
. . . the game is rigged

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:will hypertext functions within library views ever be a possibility?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 03:03:29 pm »

Right-click > Locate > Artist

When you're done, use "Back" (command or mouse button) and you'll be right where you came from.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 03:06:51 pm »

You can currently do sort of what you want.

Try this in your example-> Click on the album thumbnail (if you're in thumbnail view) -> Locate -> Artist

All the albums from Grateful Dead will be displayed.

You can go back to your previous view scheme using the backspace key or the left arrow.

Hope it helps.

-----
Listening to: 'Speedway At Nazareth' from 'Sailing to Philadelphia' by 'Mark Knopfler' on Media Center 10

---
EDIT= Ooops... slowhand strikes back  :) Sorry Matt.

pank2002

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 03:08:03 pm »

hey that cool. Why haven't I seen this function before?!
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!

When you're done, use "Back" (command or mouse button) and you'll be right where you came from.

Fantastic!
MC has so many functions possible it is easy to miss some.
Thank you Matt.
. . . the game is rigged

Fixer

Cool.  And I suppose that feature has been there all along.......  How can I sleep at night knowing that are so many useful features of MC that I have not discovered het?

lise

• MC Beta Team

While this wouldn't help with your original question (the "locate" info is explained under the "Search" section of the help file), I would recommend reading the Configure Settings section in the help file (it's in the tree, under Settings and Configurations). It goes through all the Configuration Menus, giving you an idea of the various things MC can do.  I discovered quite a few features while writing that section ;)
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?
Pages: [1]   Go Up