INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing with drag and drop  (Read 979 times)

Shelly

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I love listening to music with Media Center!
Importing with drag and drop
« on: May 04, 2004, 12:00:50 am »

Bug

When importing by drag-n-drop, the files display twice in Media Center.

Shelly

pank2002

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 04:41:28 am »

I can't reproduce that one shelly. I just drag 'n droped into 'playing now.' Maby you had a m3u playlist or something similar draged too.
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

LonWar

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 06:52:43 am »

I can't reproduce that one shelly. I just drag 'n droped into 'playing now.' Maby you had a m3u playlist or something similar draged too.

I think she means when dragging and dropping to import not to a playlist.

I just gave it a try and it works fine here...
-

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Importing with drag and drop
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 07:04:27 am »

Maybe you were also playing them?  You can set MC in options to import when played.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
Re:Importing with drag and drop
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 05:30:52 pm »

Sorry that I wasn't more specific in describing the behavior.

I'm dragging 'n dropping mp3's only into 'recently imported.'   I receive the message that gives the number of files being imported.  In the case of the Ella and Andre files I tried to imort, MC told me that 8 files were being imported, however there are 16 files displayed.  When selecting any of the files to play, MC indicates that both instances of the file are being played.

I just tried dragging 'n dropping the same 8 mp3's into the media library content window and when changing to 'recently imported' I see the correct 8 files displayed instead of 16.  So,  I can only assume that it's incorrect to import by dropping in the 'recently imported' list.  I still think, nontheless, that it's buggy behavior for MC to display the imported files twice.  

Jim, I can't find anyplace in Options to enable the importing of files being played.  If I right click on a non-imported file in 'playing now' I see the 'import' command.

Oh, this applies to build .128 and .129.  I don't know if it exited in prior builds, as I normally import by right clicking on the file names in Explorer.   Thanks, all.

Shelly
Listening to: 'A Foggy Day' from 'Nice Work If You Can Get It' by 'Ella Fitzgerald and Andre Previn' on Media Center 10

Pages: [1]   Go Up