INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.130 Available  (Read 3725 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.130 Available
« on: May 05, 2004, 06:44:47 pm »

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO REPORT BUGS.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.  

IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR POST HERE, see the index for the board.  Posts that ask questions or start discussions will usually be moved.

The latest version of MC10 is here: ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter100130.exe

PRICE and UPGRADE info is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/purchase.html

10.0.130 (5/5/04)

1. Fixed: When tagging MP3 files that were in use, MC could leave temporary (.xxxxxx) files around.
2. Changed: MC does a better job of reporting ID3v2 tag writing errors.
3. Changed: MC does a better job of not changing position when returning from fullscreen at a different resolution.
4. NEW: Added "Backspace" command to remote control command list.
5. Fixed: When MC was associated with images, the XP image preview program would still take over when double-clicking a file.
6. Fixed: On some systems, double-clicking an MC file from Explorer could cause MC to try to register the file instead of play it. (causing an error)
7. Fixed: For CD burning, if "prefix list order" option was enabled and list was never shown, all files had "1" prefixed to the name.
8. Fixed: Importing certain AAC files would not import tag info correctly.
9. Fixed: In some cases, MC could crash after cetain types of playback errors.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BCPalmer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Smile!!!  It's contagious!
Re:Media Center 10.0.130 Available
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 09:24:29 pm »

A few possible bugs:

1.  MC closes if I cancel sync to Zen.

2.  Rip Progress indicator does not reset for each file being ripped.

3.  When ripping a CD, the status column will not autosize to include percentage ripped.  I have the Autosize columns checked under Options\tree & view\list.

Thanks.

Brian Palmer

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 12:14:57 am »

4. NEW: Added "Backspace" command to remote control command list.

As always, thanks.

I ran into an odd bug where I can't simply double click the "toggle full screen" button on the remote like I can with the F11 key.  When I hit the remote's "full screen" button twice without pausing, it skips over "Full Screen" and "Theater View" and switches all the way back to Standard View.  I have to pause in between button hits to get it to go to Theater View.

I've been using Theater View for a little while now and a couple other buttons that would be VERY handy to have on the remote control command list would be

1) a "Playing Now" button that would jump directly to Playing Now from wherever you were, and

2) a button that toggled directly between Standard and Theater View without first going to "Full Screen" view.

I don't know if these would be possible or not, but I think people (Theater View users) would use them if they were available.

Thanks again,

Larry

Magicland

• World Citizen
  • Gabba Gabba Hey!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 12:32:28 am »

I'd love to see a few more Theatre view commands programmable on remotes as well. Playing now, start selection, stop selection, enqueue, and perhaps a list/thumbnails toggle, if possible.

Scarpad

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 07:05:26 am »

There used to be the ability of using a screen Capture of a avi video file and using it as a file Icon. All you had to do was right click on the video file and select the option, I no longer see that option anymore is it no longer available? I'm still having  a problem of leaving Theater view if I use the escape button accidently instead of the back buttons. Is there a way to stop this from happenning?

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 09:20:07 am »

Brian,

I can not duplicate the Zen issue. Do you see this everytime? At what point in the sync are you cancelling, at the beginning, middle or near the end?

Steve

Vipman

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2004, 09:35:23 am »

MC crashes when I try to use the DFX plugin (6.110) along with the  DSP Studio "Output Format" Channels set to use the 4 channel or 5.1 channel.  MC exits immediately when I try to play any tracks.  

If the DFX Plugin is disabled, then the Output Format works fine.

There appears to be some incompatibility issue between the two.  I tried going back to some of the previous versions of MC and it looks like the problem has existed as far back as the 10.0.116 that I started with.
Vincit Omnia Veritas

BCPalmer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Smile!!!  It's contagious!
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2004, 09:48:27 am »

Morning Steve,
I'm in the middle of syncing about 4000 files to my zen.  I'll go into Drives & Devices, right click NOMAD Jukebox and select synchronize files.  The Synchronize Handheld Player window comes up.  I select Synchronize all files and Delete unselected from HH.  Sync data to MC is unchecked.  Then I click start and the file conversion process starts.  I just recently converted all my file from WMA lossless to APE.  For the handheld, I'm forcing conversion to VBR WMA Normal/High.  Conversion seems to be working fine and transfers to the Zen are working fine.  If I hit cancel at any time,  MC just closes down, every time.  This is on my home machine which has WinXP Home edition and I'm running SP2 RC1.  Thanks Steve.  Again, this could be a SP2 problem in which case you may not want to spend time troubleshooting unless it happens on the "real" release of SP2.

Brian Palmer

hhuey

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2004, 04:47:05 pm »

I notice in the cover art directory that the extracted cover art files from the mp3 sometimes do not write out (0 byte file) or not ending in JPG, bmp, gif.

This is bad since that will be a potential of losing hard to replace art files.

I notice that its now so easy to lose the link between cover art and mc database entry especially if I change the location of the cover art directory in your options the link between cover art and mp3 get easily broken since you store the raw path in the mc database instead of just the file name and concat the options cover art location path setting.

New Feature Suggestion: It be great to drop and drag on to a music file in mc interface so that mc will update its database entry (and store the name of the art file in the mp3 tags) of what file gets linked with what mp3 file.

schwaa

• Junior Woodchuck
  • and then...
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2004, 06:37:02 pm »

Well, I finally got around to upgrading my well behaved version 9.0.  And...  Weird problem.  

When I attempt to import files from ..\My Music folder (one that I always initially use and rip to, before moving files to other folders), 10.0.130 finds about 2,776 of what I can only describe as ghost files (after the scan results say 448 files scanned and 2,776 found!).  They might have been there once but have not been for a long time.  Clicking on them gives a dialog saying they cannot be found.  They appear with the Red X next to them.  Most are located (correctly, that is, where I pointed to scan) in the My Documents folder, though some are in a Z:\Full Albums2 (I have no such drive or folder) folder or a weird location e.g., Audio CD (3)\Temp\Post CD's\.. or Audio CD (3)\Radiohead..  These last "Audio CD" do not have a Red X next to them...

I delete them from the library only, but on re-importing they all reappear.  This only happens when I scan ..\My Music\ folder.  I have attempted to Clean Up the library, but this does not help.

Media Center Registered 10.0.130 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1968 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 260 MB, Free - 62 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1348 (xpsp2.040109-1800) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8481B    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2004, 06:55:11 pm »

Try File/Update Library.

schwaa

• Junior Woodchuck
  • and then...
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2004, 09:20:22 pm »

I tried that, which is what I meant by Clean Up the library, with no luck (I have both boxes checked under Clean Up and Do Not Update Database Fields checked).

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2004, 12:44:05 am »

Remote Control Bug:  Every time I close and re-open MC, all my remote control key assignments get cleared.  I'm using the X10 MP3 Anywhere remote, and this wasn't happening with the previous build.

Larry

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2004, 01:19:01 am »

Still this bug's in:
- backing up doesn't back up all the latest changes

Here's what I've had many times since the latest 10-20 versions.
- I have a playlist
- I edit the lyrics and rating of a song
- I remove the song from the playlist
- I edit another set of lyrics/rating of another song
- I remove this song too from the playlist
- I back up
- I restore
- The two songs are still in the playlist, but.... the changes made to the lyrics and to the rating are good! Now that's funny.

All in all: the backup can't be trusted.
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Choosing Burn CD Goes To Rip
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2004, 09:06:54 am »

When you select Burn CD from Action Window it actually selects Rip CD, and of course says there is no CD to read.  
Selecting Burn CD from menu works properly
Ken

SteveG

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2004, 09:13:06 am »

Brian,

The close after cancel of conversion issue should go away in the next build.

Thanks,

Steve

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Choosing Burn CD Goes To Rip
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2004, 10:52:00 am »

When you select Burn CD from Action Window it actually selects Rip CD, and of course says there is no CD to read.  
Selecting Burn CD from menu works properly
Ken

Make sure you're using 10.0.130.  This was fixed in 10.0.129.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2004, 10:53:25 am »

Thanks Matt, I was back on 28
Pages: [1]   Go Up