INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this an MC or NetRemote Bug?  (Read 677 times)

jleerigby

Is this an MC or NetRemote Bug?
« on: May 13, 2004, 12:58:18 pm »

If I play this view scheme in MC the files are added to playing now in random order as expected:

-[Genre]=[Big Band],[Christmas],[Classical],[Easy Listening],[Instrumental],[Jazz],[Other] -[Duplicate]=[Don't play] [last played]=>1440 ~sort=[Random] [Rating]=>=3 ~limit=-1,2,[artist] ~n=100

If, however I play it from net remote using the syntax:
LX PLAY "Playlists\NetRemote\100 good rock & pop tracks" -1

...The sort order is really strange.  The first 30 or so tracks are sorted in Album name order.  The remaining tracks (up to the 100 limit) are in artist name order.  I tried moving the ~sort=[Random] statement to the beginning and end of the smartlist rule but it makes no difference.  I can't really see how NetRemote can be doing this as it's just instructing MC to play a tree item so I assume it's a bug with MC.

If you agree I'll move this to the bug thread.

sapnho

• Galactic Citizen
  • Leave a legacy
Re:Is this an MC or NetRemote Bug?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 03:13:49 pm »

JLee, it's a NetRemote bug as the LX does a strange thing to sorting. It took me many months to find out how to solve it. If you do a search on the NR forum, you will find a detailed solution.

In essence you must use Girder to issue the MC commands (something like extman) then it works like a charm.

jleerigby

Re:Is this an MC or NetRemote Bug?
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 04:06:39 pm »

That's a shame.  I just spent hours changing all of my ccf from mjextman to LX to make life simpler!

I guess I'm gonna have to change them all back  :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up