INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Next track not working  (Read 1115 times)

jt

• Recent member
Next track not working
« on: May 14, 2004, 05:29:07 pm »

While playing a song, if I click on next or previous track, or even double another song in the playlist. It doesnt work!
Next track does nothing, double click another song does nothing, prev track jumps to a random track.

What on earth is going on!!!

If I stop playback, I can then at least double click another track ok.

I'm starting to wonder about what your software development methods are, because bugs like this just should not be creeping back in.

ph_bradley

• World Citizen
  • Shagadelic Baby!!
Next track not working
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 05:31:42 pm »

try rebooting, that might help
Welcome to flipmode

jt

• Recent member
Next track not working
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 05:33:52 pm »

I've tried that. Even just installed the new version. I was on 10.0.134 previously, and it happened there too.

Maybe my library is corrupt or something. great!

jt

• Recent member
Next track not working
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 05:49:32 pm »

While playing a song, if I click on next or previous track, or even double another song in the playlist. It doesnt work!
Next track does nothing, double click another song does nothing, prev track jumps to a random track.

I'm starting to wonder about what your software development methods are, because bugs like this just should not be creeping back in.

Okay, I tried clearing my library database, and re-importing to confirm it's not a corrupt database and the problem's still there.

I found that the reason the double-clicking a track didn't seem to work was that I had the double-click option set to "Add to Playing now (to end)" which is logical I guess.

It also seems that the next and prev track works only on the "playing now" list.
But even if the playing now list is empty, and I play a track in one of my playlists, then press the next track button, still nothing happens.

jt

• Recent member
Next track not working
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 06:22:47 pm »

Okay, I tried clearing my library database, and re-importing to confirm it's not a corrupt database and the problem's still there.

I found that the reason the double-clicking a track didn't seem to work was that I had the double-click option set to "Add to Playing now (to end)" which is logical I guess.

It also seems that the next and prev track works only on the "playing now" list.
But even if the playing now list is empty, and I play a track in one of my playlists, then press the next track button, still nothing happens.

Well it looks like it was related to the option I had select in the General Options. If I have the following options set in Options->General->Behaviour works as I am used to...

If I had it set to "double click" = "add to playing now", then even though I was looking at a playlist, it was in fact playing the playing now list which seemed a little confusing at first. I see now that it's actually always playing the "play now" list, but by default, it added the all current view's songs into the play now list.

So, it's not a bug, but just a little confusing I think.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Next track not working
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2004, 12:22:59 pm »

One of the problems with computers is that they do exactly what you tell them to do.

;)

jleerigby

Re:Next track not working
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2004, 03:48:48 am »

To help avoid confusion in the future you might also want to change the option for Jump on Play.  This will ensure that MC shows playing now whenever you play a file.  You can then use the back button on the toolbar or backspace on your keyboard to go back to your playlist as necessary.

This type of confusion has arisen before so I think that the default Jump on Play behaviour should be to Jump to Playing Now whenever a file or files is played.
Pages: [1]   Go Up