INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video playback issues  (Read 1786 times)

MusicPlayer4U

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Video playback issues
« on: May 17, 2004, 11:47:22 pm »

I think the JRiver team is awesome in everything they have been able to accomplish with the MC interface.  I love MC for audio playing, and image viewing.....it's great.........!    However, it's time to focus a bit on videos issues.  I'm seeing a lot of threads lately regarding video/Dvd playback problems, but scarcely find fixes or solutions to these issues.

AVI's  not playing, DVD's not playing, Mpg's skipping, WMP engine audio problems. ?  

What's up guys???   Don't forget us Video customers....
 :o

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Video playback issues
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 09:03:13 am »

Any bug we can reproduce we'll fix.  If you're having problems, please give us as many details as possible.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 06:20:47 pm »

Any bug we can reproduce we'll fix.  If you're having problems, please give us as many details as possible.

Thanks.

Cool.....   Can you start with mine....... I've requested the fix for about 4 builds already. Try playing an mpg video file with the Window Media Player engine and hear the massive drop in audio level.  Then play an mp3 file.  The levels vary extremely.    Both video and audio files are leveled with MC engine, it only drops with using WPM.   If I don't use WPM's engine the videos skip a lot.   Hope you can reproduce and resolve this soon....
 :-\

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 06:35:43 pm »

We looked at this one today and don't see a problem.  Try setting your wav level higher in the Windows volume control.

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 07:30:22 pm »

We looked at this one today and don't see a problem.  Try setting your wav level higher in the Windows volume control.

I don't understand....  MC and Windows have the same audio level. (Max)
It's only when I use the WMP engine when the "video" level drops.   Audio and video should be same.   The audio levels are the same in other players.  

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2004, 09:04:43 pm »

It's only when I use the WMP engine when the "video" level drops.   Audio and video should be same.   The audio levels are the same in other players.  

This may be better in the next build.  Please let us know. (keep in mind that how a video / song is mastered will also affect the volume)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2004, 09:50:29 pm »

This may be better in the next build.  Please let us know. (keep in mind that how a video / song is mastered will also affect the volume)

That is true, however..... like I said before.. All the other players play my files at the same level.    

When I created my Mpg videos I leveled the audio to match the levels of my audio files.  Everything on my system has been leveled.  The MC plugin for RMP engine is not receiving the correct audio level info.

MusicPlayer4U

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2004, 10:06:29 pm »

Maybe MC should have a WMP Audio engine as well..  Then all your files will be leveled with that players engine.   ::)

Can we request a winamp engine for both?

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2004, 10:32:44 pm »

Maybe MC should have a WMP Audio engine as well..  Then all your files will be leveled with that players engine.   ::)

Can we request a winamp engine for both?

MC needs to fix their engine so videos don't skip, then we wouldn't need other engines and have problems with audio levels.  

JRiver needs to do a test on a mpg video file thats about 15 min. or more in length.
Play that file using various media players.  Then play it using MC.
It will skip.  If it doesn't skip at first, play it back to back a couple of times.
It will.......

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2004, 12:12:26 am »

3. Fixed: On some machines, videos could play quieter than necessary when using the WMP video engine.

Hurray!!!!  Fixed on current build.  10.139
THANK YOU,  thank you....  thank you.   Video audio is now leveled.
Pages: [1]   Go Up