INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FEATURE REQUEST: switching between playing now and library  (Read 1353 times)

marskid2

• Recent member
  • "

just a little thing that would be great:

if i am in my library, and i double click something to play it, it takes me to the playing now (i know how to turn this part off)  however, when i go back to the "audio" sub-section of the Media Library tree, it reverts back to all audio.  can you create an option so that when you switch back, it retains any search arguments, the view scheme, and where you are in that list.  

thanks!
The following tale of alien encounters is true and by true I mean false. Theyre all lies, but theyre entertaining lies, and in the end isnt that the real truth?  The answer, is no.  

-The Simpsons

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:FEATURE REQUEST: switching between playing now and library
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 09:49:25 am »

I think the back button does what you are asking for

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 09:50:54 am »

Forget that...it looks as if the back button has gone now :(

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 09:56:49 am »

Forget that...it looks as if the back button has gone now :(

Adam
You can add the back button by customizing the toolbars.  Right click on top or bottom to start.

Backspace also works to go backward.

marskid2

• Recent member
  • "
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2004, 09:44:14 am »

great, thanks guys!!!
The following tale of alien encounters is true and by true I mean false. Theyre all lies, but theyre entertaining lies, and in the end isnt that the real truth?  The answer, is no.  

-The Simpsons

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2004, 12:19:17 pm »

I still think it would be better if mc remembered its state.
clicking between tree items and always having it reset make its feel a bit amateur. Clicking back on the library with the same panes selected would make it feel more "solid" (dont know why I'm using those words), like its following your thought processes by keeping up with you instead of always reseting each time. Does that make sense?

Also it's much easier to clear the view (one click) than it is to select all the things you had before, and so for me at least, would save me effort the majority of the time.

The back button works but doesnt feel like it should be the way to navigate the main interface. The way you have to put it in the small toolbar at the top or bottom demonstrates this.
Back feels like a webpage where you are navigate kind of linearly and progressively through pages. MC feels like a prgram of different areas and so the back/forward metaphor doesnt feel so apt.
It's so much more natural to just click on the audio note to go back to that library.

But to save confusion (its easy to forget that you typed something in the search bar. And then you wonder where half of your files are) I would still recommend that info being reset. Perhaps the search bar could remember and show your last three search criteria in its menu, for easy reselection.

just my 2 cents of course

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2004, 12:28:01 pm »

I still think it would be better if mc remembered its state.
clicking between tree items and always having it reset make its feel a bit amateur. Clicking back on the library with the same panes selected would make it feel more "solid" (dont know why I'm using those words), like its following your thought processes by keeping up with you instead of always reseting each time. Does that make sense?

We work just like IE, which is probably the most widely used program there is.

If you visit a website, it doesn't save your scroll position, etc. unless you use the back button.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2004, 04:59:30 pm »

Matt I understand what you're saying but I agree with Park.  We are not working with a web browser, we are working with Media Center.  What seems intuitive to you will never become visible to the normal user.  These frustrations will be accepted and unfortunately the power of Media Center is not realized!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2004, 05:37:59 pm »

"intuitive" can mean a lot of things, and is sometimes different for different people.
Pages: [1]   Go Up