INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Server gets "stuck"?  (Read 1297 times)

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Media Server gets "stuck"?
« on: May 23, 2004, 04:38:34 pm »

I keep having hangups using Media Server from a networked computer.  I have a wireless "g" network and am playing lossless WMA files.  The player says "buffering" and when I look at the wireless utility that shows the network data received nothing is being received (transmitted from the Media Server).  If I cause some kind of network traffic (like just load a web page in my browser) the song suddenly starts playing and I can see that it is "streaming" the song.  This is repeatable.  Anyone know what's going on?  Thanks.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
Re:Media Server gets "stuck"?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 11:51:15 am »

Is there any network traffic going on when it starts?

Have you updated the firmware in the WAP? It may be a bug in the WAP.

j

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 09:04:50 am »

Thanks for the response, John.  There is no general network traffic when it starts but there is a little blip which seems to be it streaming the cover art image.  My router and network card have the latest firmware but it still could be something funny with my network although I was hoping there was a setting in MC that I could try since I don't seem to have network problems in other apps (although I guess I don't have anything else that does streaming like this).
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 02:02:44 pm »

It would be worthwhile to try streaming info using a different app to see if the problem is with the WAP. You could just copy your entire library if the problem happens often enough.

j

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 03:33:58 pm »

I have experienced this with .141 too, but only when the client is my Tivo.  When I use MC .141 -> remote media server, I don't have any problems.

Why I use Tivo as the client, I actually get Media Server GPFs from time to time.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 04:19:30 pm »

I'm working on a problem that might fix some of these. I'll let you know when it is ready.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up