INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing ratings still broken  (Read 1971 times)

Madcow

• World Citizen
  • moo!
Syncing ratings still broken
« on: May 26, 2004, 01:02:21 pm »

I've had a few email conversations with SteveG about this but I thought it would be worth sharing my experiences with the forum.

The syncing of ratings to the iPod still seems broken, although it's not always consistent.

Two days ago I did a complete fresh wipe and load of my iPod.  I then took it out, and have listened to it over the last few days, rating a few songs in the process (changing ratings from "no rating" to a value).

I have just synced it with the "sync data to MC" box checked, and MC overwrote all the ratings that I've just applied on my iPod with the "no rating" from MC.  This has happened repeatedly recently when trying to sync.  Midway through the MC10 development process, though, it was working fine.

In between loading my iPod and syncing it for the first time, I haven't used MC at all.  Nor have I changed the time on my PC or the time on my iPod.  The time and date are set correctly on both.

I can't think why this is consistently going wrong for me.  Is no-one else having problems?  Or does no-one else use ratings?  Is there anything I can do to try and narrow this down?

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Syncing ratings still broken
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 09:17:58 am »

Madcow,

When you did the second sync, did you notice the files being deleted and resent to the iPod?

Everyone,

Please confirm if anyone else is having this issue.

Thanks,

Steve

Madcow

• World Citizen
  • moo!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 12:06:58 pm »

Yes, I did notice the songs being deleted and resent to the iPod.   Just the ones I'd rated.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 03:25:25 pm »

Can you email me a file which exhibited this behavior for you? Also please confirm what firmware you have.

Thanks,

steve @ jriver.com

Madcow

• World Citizen
  • moo!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 04:24:17 pm »

Steve,

Email sent.  Firmware version is 2.2 (the latest available).

Pages: [1]   Go Up