INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: importing files  (Read 1048 times)

johnny_deformed

• Change this by choosing profile
importing files
« on: June 03, 2004, 05:27:52 pm »

im having a difficult time with this.  i just replaced media jukebox with media center 10 v.145
and i can not important new music files.  i imported my old jukebox library so i can listen to some music files.

when i try import files i select my music as the target directory and select only mp3 files under advanced options.  it starts searching but never finds anything. in fact it doesn't stop searching.  i let it go for about 30 mins thinking it would be done when i got back but it was still searching and it reported that it found 0 files.

as a test i selected a target subdirectory in my music that contains music files i know are not in my library database.  it still reports 0 files found and doesn't stop searching.

any ideas?

milknkukis

• World Citizen
  • Crumbs!
Re:importing files
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 09:00:27 am »

this sounds like the same problem i am having in the thread "import media causes MC hang" which i just posted!
I hope someone can suggest something....
good luck
mark

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 09:15:06 am »

We had a report of a problem that was related to .m3u files.  Try unchecking that type.

If that isn't it, you'll need to try importing half at a time, and splitting the half that doesn't work, until you find the file that causes the problem.

We'd like to have any file that you can identify that causes this.  Post again here for details.

milknkukis

• World Citizen
  • Crumbs!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 10:05:01 am »

ok, i've started going through all the types i had selected, i will let you know when i norrow it down a bit, but it's not .m3u files.

Out of interest why does it hang media centre? surely importing shouldn't be affected, i would expect just a message saying there is an error when i attempt to play the file.

cheers
mark

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 10:40:07 am »

Used the advanced mode of import and the browse button to import a directory at a time.  In other words, break your files down and try smaller sections.

johnny_deformed

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2004, 07:04:24 pm »

well im using the advanced options to limit the types of files to mp3 only.  all the files in my music directory are mp3.   ive even tried right-clicking on a single file to import that way but it stills hangs.  ive also noticed that once the importing process begins, there is no way to stop it without using ctrl alt del and ending the task that way.  

hope that helps

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2004, 12:57:13 am »

Please post your system info from the MC's Help > System Info menu.

Also, backup your library, clear it, and then try importing.

If there's still no luck, could you email one of the problem mp3 files to matt @ jriver.com

Thanks for helping.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up