INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Give the People What They Want - MJ (with CDDB?)  (Read 1165 times)

pthay

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Give the People What They Want - MJ (with CDDB?)
« on: July 22, 2003, 07:30:48 pm »

I wanted to know where I could download MJ 8.0397, or the last version that still supported CDDB lookup?  I could not find it on the JRiver server.  

JRiver did a fantastic job with the latest updates and MC; however, I -- and many others, as evident from the postings here -- would prefer to use the more streamlined MJ version for audio files with "CDDB" track searchability.  I've seen a lot of comments about this, yet JRiver seems insistent on pushing MC and indicating that YADB has the same capabilities as "CDDB" (or whatever its proper name is). Although JRiver incorporates a lot of ideas and wishes of users, it is steadfast on this issue.  

In short:

1) there are many who prefer the functionality and reliability of this "CDDB" tool (I recognize this may be a licensing issue).

2) there are many who in spite of the great features in MC, basically want a media player for audio files, and don't wish to have a program crowded with a lot of unneeded features.

I used RealJukebox several years ago, which was a fine product at the time.  However, RealNetworks decided it wanted to be all things to all people and bundled everything into the bloated behemoth called RealOne (and then charged for some features that were part of the original version's subscription).

I hope JRiver doesn't go down this slippery slope.  I get the sense that MJ has seen its last update, which would be a shame.  I only make these comments because so far Media Jukebox has been the best media player on the market.  I'm often puzzled why it doesn't have a larger market share.  I would be happy to pay for upgrades to MJ (not MC which is often referred to as the newest update). Please don't do a "new coke" switch on your fan base, and consider sticking with the tried and true "classic" version.  Perhaps, I am wrong about how many users feel so strongly loyal to MJ, but you might want to take a poll or survey to find out.

Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Give the People What They Want - MJ (with CDDB
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2003, 04:02:45 am »

Please read some of the other CDDB threads here.  The price for it became unacceptable and we have fewer problems with YADB.
Pages: [1]   Go Up