INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ipod won't format  (Read 2544 times)

ProgrammerGeek

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Ipod won't format
« on: June 08, 2004, 07:36:23 pm »

I bought a new 15 gig ipod.  Plugged it in followed the instructions to format it but for some reason MC9 will not give me the format option.  I can format it in windows.  I have done this renamed it, reset/flashed it several times no matter what I do it doesn't seem to work.  The other odd thing is that when I unplug it I just got a folder icon and the ipod doesn't work at all.

IanG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Ipod won't format
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 02:45:26 am »

I bought a new 15 gig ipod.  Plugged it in followed the instructions to format it but for some reason MC9 will not give me the format option.  I can format it in windows.  I have done this renamed it, reset/flashed it several times no matter what I do it doesn't seem to work.  The other odd thing is that when I unplug it I just got a folder icon and the ipod doesn't work at all.

This sounds like the problem my son had with his iPod.  I think the fix was to download the latest s/w from the Apple site and install it on the iPod.

Ian G.

ProgrammerGeek

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 08:33:44 am »

did that but the updater only gives me the restore option not the update bios option I did try the restore several times and didn't get anywhere.  The other odd thing is it says disk mode on the top.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 09:06:02 am »

Jason,

After you format the iPod in Windows, disconnect and reconnect the iPod. After that, run MC and you should see the iPod drive letter under Drives and Devices in the tree. You should then be able to right click on the iPod drive letter and select 'Initialize'. If this is not working for you, please tell me where in that sequence things are not working.

Thanks,

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up